Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw Neener Application

I don't get much in the way of woodworking gloat opportunities around
here. The Craigslist deals are so rare as to be nonexistent, and we
have no woodworking supply stores (or hell, even very many
lumberyards) outside of the larger hardware stores, and I don't have
the ability to hit up estate sales or anything right now.

So when I saw that Home Depot had their Ridgid R4511 table saws on
sale for $299, I had to jump. The table saw my dad had given me, a
nearly 40 year old 9" contractor style saw (with a table mounted
motor), stopped turning on right after I was done making Christmas
gifts last year, so the timing was ideal.

It's going to be an interesting adjustment, I think. In the past I had
to hunt around for 8 1/2" Hitachi blades because I didn't want to pay
a ton of money for the 9" blades, and the motor wasn't really up to
the task of running the 8" dado set I bought a couple of years ago.

But I think buying a saw that was $600 a year ago for $299 isn't too
shabby.

-Nathan
Posted to rec.woodworking

"N Hurst" wrote in message
But I think buying a saw that was $600 a year ago for $299 isn't too
shabby.

Good deal. You'll enjoy it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"N Hurst" wrote in message
[...]

something you need to see:
http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2009/09...o-sets-flying/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Now you just need a $100 Forrest blade and $150 Incra miter guage and
you are almost there. ;^)

Great deal, congrats.

On Jan 13, 6:26*am, N Hurst wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 13, 11:31*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"N Hurst" wrote in message
But I think buying a saw that was $600 a year ago for $299 isn't too
shabby.

Good deal. *You'll enjoy it.

Well, I had to take the saw back today.

When I went to unpack it last week, the table top was broken, almost
perfectly 1/4 of the top was busted. All the way in to the insert, and
about halfway down the side.

When I took the top off to assess other damage, the front trunnion was
snapped clean in half, and the carriage assembly was completely
collapsed down inside the cabinet.

There were no other saws in the region, and the nearest Ridgid service
center is 2.5 hours away, with no weekend or evening hours.

All of the staff at the store were commiserating with me at the loss
of such a good deal.

I'm hoping Ridgid comes out with their new saw quickly, as I don't
live in a strong woodworking area, and Home Depot is the only store
that carries decent equipment now that Lowes has stopped carrying
Delta.

Otherwise, I'll be saving my pennies for a Grizzly 1023.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default blinding flash of the obvious tip

To clean finish out of my hvlp sprayer, I follow the instructions of
"spraying the appropriate thinner" through the gun. What I didn't like is
the cloud of "appropriate thinner" that this produced. After doing this for
more times than I care to admit to, I came up with the idea of removing the
air horns, then turning the turbine on just enough to pressurize the cup,
shutting it off and *then* spraying the thinner through. With no atomizing
air flow, there's no cloud of thinner, no muss, no fuss, just a thin stream
of thinner from the tip that goes right back into the mason jar. Heck, with
this method, I run the same thinner through a couple of times before one
final rinse with fresh stuff and the gun is much cleaner as a result.

Again, probably obvious for long-time sprayers (Robert ;-) ), but it just
dawned on me.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

spraying into a rag is not a good idea because one would have to hold the
rag
thus allowing the appropriate thinner to come in contact with ones skin and
hand.This would
run the risk of injecting said thinner into ones body.Airless spray people
know this is a quick trip to the hospital
and runs the risk amputation.
wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:02:09 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

[...]

Spraying into a bunched up rag works pretty well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Anybody who would point an airless at a rag in their hands deserves to
go to the hospital, locked up and kept there.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:07:02 -0500, "Roemax" wrote:

spraying into a rag is not a good idea because one would have to hold the
rag
thus allowing the appropriate thinner to come in contact with ones skin and
hand.This would
run the risk of injecting said thinner into ones body.Airless spray people
know this is a quick trip to the hospital
and runs the risk amputation.

HVLP, since you and Robotoy don't know, means
"High Volume - L O W P R E S S U R E"

And nobody, including me, suggested pointing anything into your hand.

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 5, 3:34*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:34:36 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

wrote:
On Feb 5, 2:07 pm, "Roemax" wrote:
spraying into a rag is not a good idea because one would have to hold the
rag
thus allowing the appropriate thinner to come in contact with ones skin and
hand.This would
run the risk of injecting said thinner into ones body.Airless spray people
know this is a quick trip to the hospital
and runs the risk wrote in message

. ..

[...]

It would be nice if you read what I said before posting something as
stupid as what you just posted.

I was agreeing with Roemax, so why are you poking your snotty little
nose in?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 5, 5:48*pm, wrote:

HVLP, since you and Robotoy don't know, means
"High Volume - L O W * P R E S S U R E"

No ****, dickwad?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:55:27 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Feb 5, 5:48*pm, wrote:

HVLP, since you and Robotoy don't know, means
"High Volume - L O W * P R E S S U R E"

No ****, dickwad?

No ****. Now you know.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Feb 5, 2:07 pm, "Roemax" wrote:
[...]

How many of the "stupid pills" did you take?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Feb 5, 5:48*pm, wrote:

HVLP, since you and Robotoy don't know, means
"High Volume - L O W * P R E S S U R E"

No ****, dickwad?

No ****. Now you know.

....and what part of 3000psig airless did YOU not understand?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Salty do you hold the rag with your mouth
most sane people would use there hand
thus the hand warning post
in the future take your hate elsewhere
you are now officially killfiled I don't need to hear your ****

wrote:

On Feb 5, 5:48 pm, wrote:

HVLP, since you and Robotoy don't know, means
"High Volume - L O W P R E S S U R E"

No ****, dickwad?

No ****. Now you know.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Roemax" wrote:
Salty do you hold the rag with your mouth
most sane people would use there hand
thus the hand warning post
in the future take your hate elsewhere
you are now officially killfiled I don't need to hear your ****

While I think it's pretty silly to spray the solvent into a rag as salty
suggested (since it prevents re-using it as the OP described), it is *equally*
silly to suggest as you did that an HVLP gun poses any significant risk of
injury while doing so.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/5/10 10:57 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
In , wrote:
Salty do you hold the rag with your mouth
most sane people would use there hand
thus the hand warning post
in the future take your hate elsewhere
you are now officially killfiled I don't need to hear your ****

While I think it's pretty silly to spray the solvent into a rag as salty
suggested (since it prevents re-using it as the OP described), it is *equally*
silly to suggest as you did that an HVLP gun poses any significant risk of
injury while doing so.

Are people using industrial sandblasters to paint wall, now? :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 21:36:47 -0500, "Roemax" wrote:

Salty do you hold the rag with your mouth
most sane people would use there hand
thus the hand warning post
in the future take your hate elsewhere
you are now officially killfiled I don't need to hear your ****

Oh, boo-hoo. Any competent person can spray into a bunched up rag
without any danger whatsover to their hands. You must be quite the
spastic if you can't manage that.

And once again - The poster specified an HVLP gun, which I've now
explained to you so you know what it is for next time.

.. .
wrote:

On Feb 5, 5:48 pm, wrote:

HVLP, since you and Robotoy don't know, means
"High Volume - L O W P R E S S U R E"

No ****, dickwad?

No ****. Now you know.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In , wrote:
Salty do you hold the rag with your mouth
most sane people would use there hand
thus the hand warning post
in the future take your hate elsewhere
you are now officially killfiled I don't need to hear your ****

While I think it's pretty silly to spray the solvent into a rag as salty
suggested (since it prevents re-using it as the OP described), it is *equally*
silly to suggest as you did that an HVLP gun poses any significant risk of
injury while doing so.

Are people using industrial sandblasters to paint wall, now? :-)

No. There are just a couple of "experts" here who don't know what HVLP
stands for.

Posted to rec.woodworking

****

While I think it's pretty silly to spray the solvent into a rag
as salty
suggested (since it prevents re-using it as the OP described),
it is *equally*
silly to suggest as you did that an HVLP gun poses any
significant risk of
injury while doing so.

Are people using industrial sandblasters to paint wall, now?
:-)

It helps get the paint down into the pores. grin

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In , *wrote:
Salty do you hold the rag with your mouth
most sane people would use there hand
thus the hand warning post
in the future take your hate elsewhere
you are now officially killfiled I don't need to hear your ****

While I think it's pretty silly to spray the solvent into a rag as salty
suggested (since it prevents re-using it as the OP described), it is *equally*
silly to suggest as you did that an HVLP gun poses any significant risk of
injury while doing so.

Are people using industrial sandblasters to paint wall, now? * *:-)

No. There are just a couple of "experts" here who don't know what HVLP
stands for.

And you don't know what 'pressure' really can do until 5 lbs of
pressure destroys 50 or 100 city blocks. Mind you, it is only a
pressure wave created by 2 or 3 megaton of nukular kaboom...but it is
only 5 lbs of over pressure.
But what the hell do I know....
Posted to rec.woodworking

In , *wrote:
[...]

But we are talking about HVLP paint sprayers, so equating them with
something completely unrelated makes you look like an even bigger
fool.

Let me know when an HVLP paint gun destroys 50 or 100 city blocks,
dumbass.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In , wrote:
[...]

But, but, but it is LOW PRESSURE!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

studies suggest that any solvent contact with the skin can be hazardous
would you wallow in lacquer thinner, MEK or xylene
many older painters are experiencing nervous system effects from solvent
contact.
why take the chance ,why suggest such contact to people who might not know
better
and yes I know what HVLP is,I own a couple of turbines and have been
spraying professionally for over 40 years

wrote:
Salty do you hold the rag with your mouth
most sane people would use there hand
thus the hand warning post
in the future take your hate elsewhere
you are now officially killfiled I don't need to hear your ****

While I think it's pretty silly to spray the solvent into a rag as salty
suggested (since it prevents re-using it as the OP described), it is
*equally*
silly to suggest as you did that an HVLP gun poses any significant risk
of
injury while doing so.

Are people using industrial sandblasters to paint wall, now? :-)

It helps get the paint down into the pores. grin

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 21:56:29 -0500, "Roemax" wrote:

studies suggest that any solvent contact with the skin can be hazardous
would you wallow in lacquer thinner, MEK or xylene

People with an IQ larger than their hat size wear protective gloves.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 11:48:47 -0800, the infamous "Nonny"
scrawled the following:

wrote:
Salty do you hold the rag with your mouth
most sane people would use there hand
thus the hand warning post
in the future take your hate elsewhere
you are now officially killfiled I don't need to hear your
****

While I think it's pretty silly to spray the solvent into a rag
as salty
suggested (since it prevents re-using it as the OP described),
it is *equally*
silly to suggest as you did that an HVLP gun poses any
significant risk of
injury while doing so.

Are people using industrial sandblasters to paint wall, now?
:-)

It helps get the paint down into the pores. grin

The new HVHP-sand-assisted guns, eh?

--
We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves
after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Wow, and to think all this started because I mis-posted a tip under an
existing thread instead of a thread by itself

:-)

I'm gonna go watch some football.

Neener James[_14_] Woodworking 0 May 8th 09 04:11 PM
Not a Neener, but almost... Upscale Woodworking 5 September 17th 08 02:55 PM
Neener, neener, neener! Morris Dovey Woodworking 14 January 26th 06 10:42 PM
A little neener Rob V Woodworking 2 November 22nd 05 10:20 PM