Posted to rec.woodworking
Roemax Roemax is offline

Default blinding flash of the obvious tip

studies suggest that any solvent contact with the skin can be hazardous
would you wallow in lacquer thinner, MEK or xylene
many older painters are experiencing nervous system effects from solvent
contact.
why take the chance ,why suggest such contact to people who might not know
better
and yes I know what HVLP is,I own a couple of turbines and have been
spraying professionally for over 40 years

"Nonny" wrote in message

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 2/5/10 10:57 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
In ,
wrote:
Salty do you hold the rag with your mouth
most sane people would use there hand
thus the hand warning post
in the future take your hate elsewhere
you are now officially killfiled I don't need to hear your ****

While I think it's pretty silly to spray the solvent into a rag as salty
suggested (since it prevents re-using it as the OP described), it is
*equally*
silly to suggest as you did that an HVLP gun poses any significant risk
of
injury while doing so.

Are people using industrial sandblasters to paint wall, now? :-)

It helps get the paint down into the pores. grin

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.