Posted to rec.woodworking
N Hurst N Hurst is offline

Default Table Saw Neener Application

On Jan 13, 11:31*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"N Hurst" wrote in message
But I think buying a saw that was $600 a year ago for $299 isn't too
shabby.

Good deal. *You'll enjoy it.

Well, I had to take the saw back today.

When I went to unpack it last week, the table top was broken, almost
perfectly 1/4 of the top was busted. All the way in to the insert, and
about halfway down the side.

When I took the top off to assess other damage, the front trunnion was
snapped clean in half, and the carriage assembly was completely
collapsed down inside the cabinet.

There were no other saws in the region, and the nearest Ridgid service
center is 2.5 hours away, with no weekend or evening hours.

All of the staff at the store were commiserating with me at the loss
of such a good deal.

I'm hoping Ridgid comes out with their new saw quickly, as I don't
live in a strong woodworking area, and Home Depot is the only store
that carries decent equipment now that Lowes has stopped carrying
Delta.

Otherwise, I'll be saving my pennies for a Grizzly 1023.