Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_5_] CW[_5_] is offline

Default Table Saw Neener Application

"N Hurst" wrote in message
I don't get much in the way of woodworking gloat opportunities around
here. The Craigslist deals are so rare as to be nonexistent, and we
have no woodworking supply stores (or hell, even very many
lumberyards) outside of the larger hardware stores, and I don't have
the ability to hit up estate sales or anything right now.

So when I saw that Home Depot had their Ridgid R4511 table saws on
sale for $299, I had to jump. The table saw my dad had given me, a
nearly 40 year old 9" contractor style saw (with a table mounted
motor), stopped turning on right after I was done making Christmas
gifts last year, so the timing was ideal.

It's going to be an interesting adjustment, I think. In the past I had
to hunt around for 8 1/2" Hitachi blades because I didn't want to pay
a ton of money for the 9" blades, and the motor wasn't really up to
the task of running the 8" dado set I bought a couple of years ago.

But I think buying a saw that was $600 a year ago for $299 isn't too
shabby.

-Nathan

something you need to see:
http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2009/09...o-sets-flying/