Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Engineer's square

How do the Groz engineer's squares measure up for setting up a TS, BS, etc?
Rockler has them (set of 3) on sale for $29.99 instead of $39.99.
I think the squares may also come in handy when installing a vise on my
workbench to be (so I
need a larget one for that?).

A good graduated combination square would be useful too, no?
If the engineers squares above were graduated I'd probably use them so much
for general tasks that I'd end up messing them up/dropping them...

At this point, I don't even have a good steel rule. Some of you have seen
me around here long enough to know I am a beginner. What should I be
collecting along these
lines?

Thanks,
Bill

P.S. Cleaned the (8') gutters today with a Sear ShopVac accessory ($19.99).
Definitely a great tool
for that chore! Since I recently had new roof installed, besides leaves
they were full of grit and nails, etc.
It blows leaves, cleans gutters, vacuums the car well. I never before got
such satisfaction from a "vacuum cleaner"! : )