Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Larry Jaques

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Say "Hullo" to Phully Laird for me if you get through Nannup. Damn,
it's been 7 years now...I wonder if he'll remember me...if the grog
ain't got him yet. He slid down from Perth a while back.

Well, he looks to be alive, anywho. Egad, tell him he needs a new web
guy. 256 color gifs, EEK! http://www.nannupfurnituregallery.com.au/

You can tell him yourself. : )

I rang him and he said he would drop in to the wreck and say g'day

diggerop

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 10, 8:56 pm, "diggerop" toobusy@themoment wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Say "Hullo" to Phully Laird for me if you get through Nannup. Damn,
it's been 7 years now...I wonder if he'll remember me...if the grog
ain't got him yet. He slid down from Perth a while back.

Well, he looks to be alive, anywho. Egad, tell him he needs a new web
guy. 256 color gifs, EEK! http://www.nannupfurnituregallery.com.au/

You can tell him yourself. : )

I rang him and he said he would drop in to the wreck and say g'day

diggerop

Gudday boys
Yup still alive and kicking . ..
Been a long while since I looked in here, aint it all different . ..?
Thanks to a phone call last night from a nice bloke telling me that
Larry had asked after me . . I thought I would say hi.
Also had an email from Mario ( in Buffalo) a while ago ( which I
havent replied to properly yet - sorry mate will get to it)

Very busy - 12 month waiting list ( mainly thanks to that crappy
website wot I built with my own fair hands )
Busy moving into our new Workshop Gallery what I also built with my
own fair hands
Which by the way are now bereft of the end of my favourite left index
finger wot I ran through the 10 inch buzzer a couple of months
ago . . .

Any way just a quick hullo as i am just off to move more stuff out of
the old shop into the new one.

Phully
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:17:09 -0800 (PST), phil
wrote:

Gudday boys

Good to see your voice, Phully.

From Tom - in Philly, Phully.

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Gudday boys

Good to see your voice, Phully.

From Tom - in Philly, Phully.

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

I'll add an amen to that.
weirdly yours,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Gudday boys

Good to see your voice, Phully.

From Tom - in Philly, Phully.

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

I'll add an amen to that.
* * * * weirdly yours,
* * * * jo4hn- Hide quoted text -

Mahalo old friend!

Jummy

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jimmy Mac wrote:
wrote:
Gudday boys
Good to see your voice, Phully.
From Tom - in Philly, Phully.
Regards,
Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

I'll add an amen to that.
weirdly yours,
jo4hn- Hide quoted text -

Mahalo old friend!

Jummy

Alooooooooohaaa Jums. It's good to hear from you, Phully, Nahmie, yes
and even (laying his hand aside of his mouth) C-less. :-)
Now when the Duke of URLs shows up...
mahalo (from SoCal mountains where it was 20dF this morning),
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Gudday boys

Good to see your voice, Phully.

From Tom - in Philly, Phully.

Regards,

Tom Watsonhttp://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Hi Tom - when did this become a reunion? It's great to "see"
everyone back here for just a few moments.

Jummy
aka Minwax Mac - aka Jim McNamara . . . living in Vegas
www.brazosriverband.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Gudday boys

Good to see your voice, Phully.

From Tom - in Philly, Phully.

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Cheers Tom
You too mate
Anyone who starts to think they are a bit clever with their craft should go
and have a look at your work to bring them back to earth ,and give them
something to aspire to. . .

Phully far from Philly

Posted to rec.woodworking

Okay now - I hears me name has been dragged through the archives. Lo
and behold - THE GANG'S ALL HERE! LOL!

Good day to me Top Bloke at the bottom of the world - been a long time
Phully. Nahmie was kind enuff to send out the mention.

Actually living in Las Vegas. Got a full time job doing the 9 to 5
thing . . . a full time country band performing up and down the Strip
(opening for the likes of Big and Rich, Reba McEntire, Dwight Yoakum)
and believe it or not, got just enough tools left (or purchased) to
build all my own redwood furniture (including octagon poker table) for
my back yard. Unfortunately, you can't keep enough "juice" in wood
outdoors in the desert - but I'm having fun with it. I really do miss
everyone and all the trouble we used to get into on the wreck. If
anyone has any plans to come to Vegas, email me and let me know.
I'll hook you up with the best places to stay and comp tickets for
our show as well!

Take care and holler back!

Jim (aka Jummy, Minwax Mac, etc.)
www.brazosriverband.com

On Nov 10, 3:56*am, "diggerop" toobusy@themoment wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Say "Hullo" to Phully Laird for me if you get through Nannup. *Damn,
it's been 7 years now...I wonder if he'll remember me...if the grog
ain't got him yet. *He slid down from Perth a while back.

Well, he looks to be alive, anywho. *Egad, tell him he needs a new web
guy. 256 color gifs, EEK! *http://www.nannupfurnituregallery.com.au/

You can tell him yourself. *: )

I rang him and he said he would drop in to the wreck and say g'day

diggerop

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:24:05 -0800 (PST), the infamous Jimmy Mac
scrawled the following:

Okay now - I hears me name has been dragged through the archives. Lo
and behold - THE GANG'S ALL HERE! LOL!

Good day to me Top Bloke at the bottom of the world - been a long time
Phully. Nahmie was kind enuff to send out the mention.

Actually living in Las Vegas. Got a full time job doing the 9 to 5
thing . . . a full time country band performing up and down the Strip
(opening for the likes of Big and Rich, Reba McEntire, Dwight Yoakum)
and believe it or not, got just enough tools left (or purchased) to
build all my own redwood furniture (including octagon poker table) for

That's sure a step up from the sappy pineywood you used to work with,
Jums.

my back yard. Unfortunately, you can't keep enough "juice" in wood
outdoors in the desert - but I'm having fun with it.

It does get hot up yonder in Nee Vadder, doesn't it?

I really do miss
everyone and all the trouble we used to get into on the wreck. If
anyone has any plans to come to Vegas, email me and let me know.
I'll hook you up with the best places to stay and comp tickets for
our show as well!

The only reason I'd be in Vegas would be to "talk to" that guy at
everycontractor.com who ripped me off for $3,000. The supposed
$45,000 worth of leads they were to have supplied, guaranted, amounted
to two jobs out of my area, both of which I didn't hadn't signed up
for. I'd best stay out of that area.

Take care and holler back!

Ho! Hey, ya resawed any beans recently, suckah? (For you new guys,
DAGS on "resawed beans", and be sure to look for the picture!)

--
You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of
OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jimmy Mac" wrote in message
Okay now - I hears me name has been dragged through the archives. Lo
and behold - THE GANG'S ALL HERE! LOL!

Good day to me Top Bloke at the bottom of the world - been a long time
Phully. Nahmie was kind enuff to send out the mention.

Jummy me old cobber . .!
Gudday mate . .. .

Now this may come as a bit of a shock to you . . but I have just gotten back
from the arfternoon ( well most of the day at really) having lunch in the
pub with a bunch of friends helping one of them have a bit of a birthday .
.. . never seem to get tired of it . .
And before I flop onto one of the sofas and pretend to look at TV for a bit
before I wake up and go to bed, I thought I'd have a look in with my new
found interest in the wreck ( thanks to comment from Larry - and a call
from diggerop) and see who has popped up .. . .
And bugger me if there arent some of the old ratbags shoving theys two bobs
worth in again . . .

Now you as well thanks to good old Nahmie.
What was it Larry called us at the start when it was all just a big old bun
fight . .. . . the Jackalopes? Ah the memories of those fun times and all
the tears before bedtime . . and some woodworking titbits as well . .all
that lovely Jummywood

This is almost cause to start paying attention to Jean -who has been showing
me a whole lot of stuff lately about Cruising the Med . . .I might re awaken
my campaign to get me and the old boiler to Las Vegas instead .. . . .

Glad things are good for you Jums you old cowboy.
Off to my Sofa now - and will get back to you again soon.

Phully

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 14, 2:57*am, "philip" wrote:
"Jimmy Mac" wrote in message

[...]

Back at old mate . . . use a push stick - ya only got 9-1/2 left
bloke! I wrote a
small story and it's in this thread somewhere . . . on my dresser is a
jarrah box
that my best cobber top bloke made for me a lot of years ago. I still
look at it
in a mushy kinda way . . . I think that when I cash in my chips at the
end, I'll use
it for my final ash tray! LOL!

I'm sure Jean doesn't remember me, but give her my best!

Looking at ya . . . . Jummy

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jimmy Mac" wrote in message
[...]

Ooh er . . . Jummy - you certainly aint a bloke for staying in the same old
box ( so to speak) is yer . .. .?

I suppose with a lot of us at some stage there is some catharsis that
changes our direction/outlook on life etc.
It sounds like your world is a good place.

but hang on . . . Preaching . . ? Weddings and Funerals .. ? Maybe we
will come to Vegas and you can get me and the old boiler actually hitched
up - after 30 years of being "shacked up" . .........there must be somebody
out there . . .. .!

I dont mind if you have given up carousing with wild wimmin . . but please
tell me you havent given up important stuff like cussin and drinkin . . . .!

Gotta go - my management team has just instructed me to go for a walk with
her and the dogs . .. feel like a bit of a walk too, seemed to have had a
good day at the pub yesterday. . .

Phully