kens

Default Connecting my TS

I am getting my new TS(G1023SLX) with 3HP 220V motor. I suspect the
cord will not reach my wall outlet which is about 15'. One option is
an extension cord, other option would be to rewire above, have an
outlet on the ceiling (about 10'). What is the best option as where
the cord should be, laying on the floor or going up?
rj

Do you want to trip over the cord or hang yourself? Sorry, couldn't resist
that one. If you can position the saw to keep the overhead cord out of the
way of your work, that's the way to go. Cords on the floor are dangerous.
"kens" wrote in message
om...
I am getting my new TS(G1023SLX) with 3HP 220V motor. I suspect the
cord will not reach my wall outlet which is about 15'. One option is
an extension cord, other option would be to rewire above, have an
outlet on the ceiling (about 10'). What is the best option as where
the cord should be, laying on the floor or going up?

Bernard Randall

Overhead cable restricts what you can cut and you end up with a cable
hanging in walking space. If its not practical to run under the floor get
some of those chamfered rubber cable protectors for the traffic areas.

Bernard R

"kens" wrote in message
om...
I am getting my new TS(G1023SLX) with 3HP 220V motor. I suspect the
cord will not reach my wall outlet which is about 15'. One option is
an extension cord, other option would be to rewire above, have an
outlet on the ceiling (about 10'). What is the best option as where
the cord should be, laying on the floor or going up?

Jack

You are correct, the cord is kind of short (maybe 6-8 feet?) and you need a
plug for it also.
I simply took it off and replaced it.

Having a cord hanging from overhead may get in the way of your working or
handling materials. I'd rather just step over it.

-Jack

"kens" wrote in message
om...
I am getting my new TS(G1023SLX) with 3HP 220V motor. I suspect the
cord will not reach my wall outlet which is about 15'. One option is
an extension cord, other option would be to rewire above, have an
outlet on the ceiling (about 10'). What is the best option as where
the cord should be, laying on the floor or going up?

Joseph Smith

I took a portable hand crank generator and put a 3ft squirrel cage
where the crank used to be. Then I trapped all the cats the neighbors
send over to my yard to poop in my flowers and use them to turn
the squirrel cage. Works like a champ and is mobile. A good cattle
prod is a must for jump starts. When they wear out I just go trap some
more.
Seems to be an endless supply of "motors" around here .

Joey in Chesapeake
om...