xrongor

Default audio books and woodworking

i just though i would pass this along.

i cannot sit still and listen to an audio book. i cant sit still and do
anything... but i cant play video games because it takes too much
concentration and i lose track of the book being read. in fact about the
only place i can just 'listen' is in the car.

but ive found that audio books while woodworking are the perfect
combination. they keep enough of your attention on the book that you work
slower and better, but not so much of your attention that you cant work.
and the time just flies by. it works expecially well during finishing
stages.

so anyway, just thought i would share. anyone else do this?

randy

Brian Siano

xrongor wrote:

i just though i would pass this along.

i cannot sit still and listen to an audio book. i cant sit still and do
anything... but i cant play video games because it takes too much
concentration and i lose track of the book being read. in fact about the
only place i can just 'listen' is in the car.

but ive found that audio books while woodworking are the perfect
combination. they keep enough of your attention on the book that you work
slower and better, but not so much of your attention that you cant work.
and the time just flies by. it works expecially well during finishing
stages.

so anyway, just thought i would share. anyone else do this?

I do. The Harry Potter books work really well when I'm in the shop.
Thinking of getting Patrick O'Brian's novels next.
Leo

I've found that there is nothing better than a little Paul Harvey and "The
Rest of the Story"
to work by. When I worked as a cabinet maker about 20 years ago, all of the
"Old Guys" would have Paul on the radio, now I understand why....

Leo

"p_j" wrote in message
xrongor wrote:

but ive found that audio books while woodworking are the perfect
combination. they keep enough of your attention on the book that you

work
slower and better, but not so much of your attention that you cant work.
and the time just flies by.

I fired up the ancient trinitron that has almost been shot out a bunch
of times, ran a splitter from the cable upstairs and listen to old
movies on TCM or music an Americana.

The one thing about old movies is that some of them have lots of
furniture and/or millwork.

FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Woodworking Books news.verizon.net Woodworking 4 August 30th 03 07:23 AM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 05:46 PM
FS: Woodworking books (UK) Andrew Woodworking 0 July 15th 03 06:42 PM
Check your woodworking library spearfox Woodworking 7 July 15th 03 07:41 AM