Brian Siano

Default audio books and woodworking

xrongor wrote:

i just though i would pass this along.

i cannot sit still and listen to an audio book. i cant sit still and do
anything... but i cant play video games because it takes too much
concentration and i lose track of the book being read. in fact about the
only place i can just 'listen' is in the car.

but ive found that audio books while woodworking are the perfect
combination. they keep enough of your attention on the book that you work
slower and better, but not so much of your attention that you cant work.
and the time just flies by. it works expecially well during finishing
stages.

so anyway, just thought i would share. anyone else do this?

I do. The Harry Potter books work really well when I'm in the shop.
Thinking of getting Patrick O'Brian's novels next.