Aaron

Default Small compressor : DeWalt or Ingersoll

Hi gang,

I want to get a small compressor to run nail guns, blow off equipment, and
possibly use a HVLP to spray some finishes. I've been looking at the
smaller 4g units, especially the DeWalt D55155 and the Ingersoll Rand Twin
stack DD2T2. Anyone have any experiece with either of these? Both seem to
be pretty heavy duty (oiled, cast iron tanks, etc) as far as ~$300
compressors go. Any ideas either way?

Aaron

Leon

"Aaron" wrote in message
news
Hi gang,

I want to get a small compressor to run nail guns, blow off equipment, and
possibly use a HVLP to spray some finishes. I've been looking at the
smaller 4g units, especially the DeWalt D55155 and the Ingersoll Rand Twin
stack DD2T2. Anyone have any experiece with either of these? Both seem

be pretty heavy duty (oiled, cast iron tanks, etc) as far as ~$300
compressors go. Any ideas either way?

Aaron

Either unit is probably a pretty good unit. BUT the $65 unit at Harbor
Freight will power your nail gun just fine. If you want to spray paint
however you need to look at the requirements of the accessory that you plan
to buy. If the spray gun needs "X" amount of volume and your compressor
cannot supply that need, the compressor can have diamonds on it and it still
will not work well.

mp

I want to get a small compressor to run nail guns, blow off equipment, and
possibly use a HVLP to spray some finishes. I've been looking at the
smaller 4g units, especially the DeWalt D55155 and the Ingersoll Rand Twin
stack DD2T2. Anyone have any experiece with either of these? Both seem

be pretty heavy duty (oiled, cast iron tanks, etc) as far as ~$300
compressors go. Any ideas either way?

Nice units, but a bit on the light side for spraying. Check the compressor
duty cycles, you'll be running them flat out with most guns. Many of the
HVLP guns use a lot of air, and will tax a compressor with twice the
capacity. If you don't already have a gun, homesteadfinishing.com has some
nice low cfm spray guns.

James Bailey

I was traveling out of town last week and saw a Northern Tool - I'd never
been in one but had seen a catlog somewhere so I stopped in. They had a pile
of those $99 Deltas. Doesn't this one fall into about the same catagory as
the one from HFT ? I would think it would be fine for a nail gun as well.

jim bailey

"Aaron" wrote in message
news
Hi gang,

I want to get a small compressor to run nail guns, blow off equipment, and
possibly use a HVLP to spray some finishes. I've been looking at the
smaller 4g units, especially the DeWalt D55155 and the Ingersoll Rand Twin
stack DD2T2. Anyone have any experiece with either of these? Both seem

be pretty heavy duty (oiled, cast iron tanks, etc) as far as ~$300
compressors go. Any ideas either way?

Aaron

Howard

I have the DW 55155. I was looking for a quieter compressor for the
long term. The 55155 has the lowest sound level I could find. That
said it is a compressor so quiet is relative. It works well, is easy
to adjust air pressure, the drain is a bit tough to reach but it is a
quarter valve so its not a crisis. While it is heavy it can be
carried easy due to its shape. I live in an attached home and the
neighbors have never commented on the compressor noise. In use for
nail guns and clean up there has never been a shortage of air. I
haven't tried painting yet but I expect it to be on the low end for
needed volume. With other compressors I've used an auxilary air tank
to maintain short term capacity and take short breaks for it to
recharge. As a mechanical engineer I appreciate what goes into an
ASME certified air tank and was happy to get one at this price point.
Just sorry the compressor is no longer made in US.

Howard

Hi gang,

I want to get a small compressor to run nail guns, blow off equipment, and
possibly use a HVLP to spray some finishes. I've been looking at the
smaller 4g units, especially the DeWalt D55155 and the Ingersoll Rand Twin
stack DD2T2. Anyone have any experiece with either of these? Both seem to
be pretty heavy duty (oiled, cast iron tanks, etc) as far as ~$300
compressors go. Any ideas either way?

Aaron

stahlee

I'll back up Howard on this. I also have the DW55155 and believe it is
a great portable unit. I would say it is one of the quieter compressors
and runs extremely smooth. I like the fact that there isn't a shortage
of air, it recharges quickly.

If you do need something for spraying, it would be to you advantage to
get something a larger. This machine is not for that.

stahlee