Eric R Snow

Default OT-Looking for a small (3 to 6 hp) outboard in the seattle area

I know it's off topic but I thought maybe some one here might have a
small outboard for sale in the seattle area. It can't be too heavy
because my wrists are bad. That's why it's gotta be small. And cheap
too.
Thanks,
Eric R Snow,
Wishin' I was crabbin'
Gunner

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:17:11 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

I know it's off topic but I thought maybe some one here might have a
small outboard for sale in the seattle area. It can't be too heavy
because my wrists are bad. That's why it's gotta be small. And cheap
too.
Thanks,
Eric R Snow,
Wishin' I was crabbin'

I have a VERY nice Chrysler 8hp short shaft outboard I just aquired
last week. It only has a bad spring in the rope start rewind
mechanism. The previous owner had more money than mechanical sense,
and when it broke the spring on a holiday weekend, he simply bought an
entire new outboard.

Its about 75lbs.. now the cheap part..thats relative....

Gunner
"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs
Gunner

wrote:

I know it's off topic but I thought maybe some one here might have a
small outboard for sale in the seattle area. It can't be too heavy
because my wrists are bad. That's why it's gotta be small. And cheap
too.
Thanks,
Eric R Snow,
Wishin' I was crabbin'

Oh..I also have a 3hp CruisNCarry. Very small, plastic tank, suitable
for use with a canoe or similar. Very light 12lbs. Metalwork is a bit
rusty but runs well.

Id let it go reasonable/trade for Stuff

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs
Eric R Snow

wrote:

I know it's off topic but I thought maybe some one here might have a
small outboard for sale in the seattle area. It can't be too heavy
because my wrists are bad. That's why it's gotta be small. And cheap
too.
Thanks,
Eric R Snow,
Wishin' I was crabbin'

Oh..I also have a 3hp CruisNCarry. Very small, plastic tank, suitable
for use with a canoe or similar. Very light 12lbs. Metalwork is a bit
rusty but runs well.

Id let it go reasonable/trade for Stuff

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs

Gunner-That cruise-n-carry sounds about right. The other motor, at 75
lbs, is way too heave. The straight down load my wrists can take is
good enough that I can lift 75 lbs but any load that is not a tsraight
pull causes a lot of pain. Since there is only about 40% of the
cartilage left this is no surprise. But how much or what trade for the
small one?
Cheers,
Eric
P.S. Didja ever find a time clock?
Gunner

wrote:

[...]

What do you have to trade? Straight air cooled, no water jacket. You
can find pics on the net. Shipping should be minimal from Central
California.

Cheers,
Eric
P.S. Didja ever find a time clock?

Ive dug out several, with several more missing at the moment. I put
two of them on test, and they wouldnt keep accurate time, so will have
to get around to rebuilding them ASAP.

Ive been a bit busy this week with some actual service calls (YAY!)
and a difficulty involving my wife whom was attacked by two pit bulls
(now both deceased). Ill get to them just as soon as I have some spare
time. Oh..and my son got married Friday, so that was a bit of a time
spender as well.

Gunner, too much to do, so little time.
"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs