Ed Sirett

Default Can a combi boiler be fitted into an small airless enclosed space

Jo wrote:

Is it ok to install a combi boiler in a small (about 2x2x1m) attic
space I have above my bathroom ? Access is via a hatch and a small
ladder from the room beneath. Apart from the flu pipe and the
occasional time that I open the hatch there is no ventilation.

Of course I will have to pick a combi that has remote operating
controls and I am assuming that such a device is available.

There are many models of combi boilers which require no additional
compartment ventilation.
The control system is easy if you use an external
timer/thermostat/programmable thermostat.

The main objection is the ease of servicing access.
Boilers in loft spaces ideally require good access (loft acess, boarded
area), and isolation gas/water and electric from below.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Combi boiler advice, please Dave Jennings UK diy 7 August 26th 03 06:00 PM
Combi Boiler / poor pressure brucej UK diy 12 August 21st 03 09:55 PM
Automatic water pressure maintainer for combi boiler system? Frank W UK diy 12 August 21st 03 12:22 AM
Vaillant Combi Boiler Ed Sirett UK diy 5 July 31st 03 09:52 PM
Gloworm Swiftflow combi boiler Gundo UK diy 1 July 17th 03 10:59 PM