Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Steel City Air Scrubber

"Swingman" wrote in message news:...
"Dr. Deb" wrote

I finally decided to take the plunge and get a unit to clean the air in
the
shop, in addition to my Dust Collector. Since Steel City has a nice unit
on sale, I decided to go for it.

snip

Bottom line, the unit is probably good, but very fragile (case is made of
much too thin a gauge metal). DO NOT hoist it by the eye bolts. As far
as
mounting it by them once you get it lifted up to the mounting point,
don't
know, haven't gotten that far. I do know that when the replacement
arrives, I will bench test it and IF it passes I will gently lift it into
position and let it sit on a couple of 1x6's. The eye bolts will stay in
the bag.

Interesting and topical ... I got a Wilton for Christmas that has been
sitting on the shop bench since. The instructions sound eerily identical
(probably made in the same factory). My plan was to install it tomorrow,
which is really the first opportunity since I've been more out of town,
than in, lately.

I'll be taking your experience into account while doing so.

Just a follow up ... the Wilton installation went just fine. This particular
unit is made of heavy gauge metal and, the eye bolt to body, the opposite of
fragile, worked fine. The only problem I had was solved with an extra hand
to steady it while adjusting the height from the floor, SWMBO being well
trained in these exercises.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Steel City Bandsaw Warbler Woodworking 0 February 18th 09 01:51 AM
Steel City Air Scrubber Dr. Deb Woodworking 7 February 9th 09 08:19 PM
anyone know of anyone that's actually used a Steel City Toolworksbandsaw? Chris Friesen Woodworking 7 November 21st 06 10:42 PM
My new Steel City Saw vs. KingKong Bob Woodworking 5 September 21st 06 03:22 PM
Steel City Toolworks? Mark & Juanita Woodworking 5 August 19th 06 05:29 AM