Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

Default My new Steel City Saw vs. KingKong

My new Steel City small 10" cabinet saw arrived at the dealers today. I
can't believe the packaging this saw came in. After listening to horror
stories of shipping problems I think the pictures of the way Steel City
ships it's products will be refreshing.

http://www.nami-savannah.org/woodworking.htm

I know this saw resembles the Sears Orion saws but the quality of the
fit and finish is way more than I expected and it was available with a
3 hp motor and 2X heavy duty belt for the same price as the Sears saw.
After using a 1958 Sears contractor saw for over 45 years ( which has
had every part replaced at least once) I think this new saw will rock.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob wrote:
I think this new saw will rock.

Keep us posted - I'm interested in hearing more about this new brand.

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

Not only does the saw resemble the Sears-Orion, so does the cage. My
Craftsman Zip Code saw came enclosed in a cage that looks just like it.
Like you, I really didn't want to waste it so I knocked off the stubby
little legs, installed some casters roughly where they were, bolted a piece
of plywood to the top and mounted my bench grinder on it.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob wrote:

My new Steel City small 10" cabinet saw arrived at the dealers today. I
can't believe the packaging this saw came in. After listening to horror
stories of shipping problems I think the pictures of the way Steel City
ships it's products will be refreshing.

Definitely keep us posted on how that works out for you. I haven't even seen any
of their goods yet. The nearest distributor to me is 350 miles and one state away.
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob wrote:
After listening to horror
stories of shipping problems I think the pictures of the way Steel City
ships it's products will be refreshing.

Wow! =8^0

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob wrote:
... I think this new saw will rock.

Maybe your floor is uneven. Try using shims.