Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plans/pics/ideas for a building Youth Bed.

Hi all,

I have a 5 years nephew that often spends the weekend. I would like to
build him a bed (twin size). I was thinking about a train bed, but I'm told
he now thinks Thomas the Train is for babies! LOL. Anyways, I have decided
to stay away from theme beds. I would like to build a basic box bed with
some storage (maybe drawers underneath and a headboard with shelves). It
would be nice if the bed was some how fun for the child, maybe a canopy or
something. I can build about anything, but finding the right look or idea
could take me months.

Any good pics or plans out there?

Thanks for reading,
Jim