Posted to rec.woodworking
Randy Melton Randy  Melton is offline

Default Plans/pics/ideas for a building Youth Bed.

I built a dump truck bed for my 3 year old. He seems to like it.
I recently put some switches on the dashboard that control lights.
(The priority was the bed structure so I add a few details every month
or so.)
He uses the cab light (led) as a night light.

I put the drawing on google sketchup:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...21ee28beab7a27

and some documentation on a web page:
http://www.sawbee.com/rwmProjects/truckBed.shtml

Feel free to copy anything I did.
randy melton

On Jan 29, 1:06*am, "Jim2009" wrote:
Hi all,

I have a 5 years nephew that often spends the weekend. *I would like to
build him a bed (twin size). *I was thinking about a train bed, but I'm told
he now thinks Thomas the Train is for babies! *LOL. *Anyways, I have decided
to stay away from theme beds. *I would like to build a basic box bed with
some storage (maybe drawers underneath and a headboard with shelves). *It
would be nice if the bed was some how fun for the child, maybe a canopy or
something. *I can build about anything, but finding the right look or idea
could take me months.

Any good pics or plans out there?

Thanks for reading,
Jim