Posted to rec.woodworking
DC

Default Fly-tying station pics/plans

I posted this to abpw when I probably should have asked here, first.

Some time ago, someone had posted pics of a fly-tying station that they
had made. It was really nice and I would like to request a repost of
the pics (and plans, if they exist). I don't remember who posted it,
nor can I offer a description of it (memory fades, sadly). I would like
to make one for a friend and, not being a fly fisherman, am not quite
sure what constitutes a good plan for such a tool (the fly-tying
station, not my friend). BG

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

--
DC

(((:~{
Posted to rec.woodworking
Old Grey

On 26 Mar 2006 18:58:01 GMT, DC wrote:

I posted this to abpw when I probably should have asked here, first.

Some time ago, someone had posted pics of a fly-tying station that they
had made. It was really nice and I would like to request a repost of
the pics (and plans, if they exist). I don't remember who posted it,
nor can I offer a description of it (memory fades, sadly). I would like
to make one for a friend and, not being a fly fisherman, am not quite
sure what constitutes a good plan for such a tool (the fly-tying
station, not my friend). BG

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Was it a desk/hutch or table top station? There are a lot of
different stations out there. Chuck Vance (aka Conan the Librarian)
posted a nice one several months back (maybe even a year or so). I've
made a few, portable desktop and hutch, and can't remeber exactly who,
but someone made a real nice set of drawers for each side of the
table.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

DC said:

I posted this to abpw when I probably should have asked here, first.

Some time ago, someone had posted pics of a fly-tying station that they
had made. It was really nice and I would like to request a repost of
the pics (and plans, if they exist). I don't remember who posted it,
nor can I offer a description of it (memory fades, sadly). I would like
to make one for a friend and, not being a fly fisherman, am not quite
sure what constitutes a good plan for such a tool (the fly-tying
station, not my friend). BG

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Sure, I don't throw anything out... ;-)

Philski was the original poster of these photos somewhere around
October of 2004. I never saw the completed, finished piece, but I
have most of the pictures that were posted.

I hope he doesn't mind if I provide links to these photos, but since
they were cast into the great wasteland of Usenet - here they a

http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...Complete21.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...Complete41.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...edarDwrs22.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...TopInlays5.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...opInlays11.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...opInlays61.jpg

Good Luck,

FWIW,

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Enoch Root said:

Greg G. wrote:

http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...Complete21.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...Complete41.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...edarDwrs22.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...TopInlays5.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...opInlays11.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...opInlays61.jpg

Wow. You could fit a zoo in there.

No, Washington wouldn't fit. (ba-dum-dum)

But it would hold one heck of an entomological replica collection.

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking
DC

Greg G wrote:
DC said:

I posted this to abpw when I probably should have asked here, first.

Some time ago, someone had posted pics of a fly-tying station that they
had made. It was really nice and I would like to request a repost of
the pics (and plans, if they exist). I don't remember who posted it,
nor can I offer a description of it (memory fades, sadly). I would like
to make one for a friend and, not being a fly fisherman, am not quite
sure what constitutes a good plan for such a tool (the fly-tying
station, not my friend). BG

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Sure, I don't throw anything out... ;-)

Me neither, most times. Anyone need some 1" by 48" 3/4 birch ply? };O)

Philski was the original poster of these photos somewhere around
October of 2004. I never saw the completed, finished piece, but I
have most of the pictures that were posted.

THAT'S THE ONE!!! Woohoo!!

I hope he doesn't mind if I provide links to these photos, but since
they were cast into the great wasteland of Usenet - here they a

http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...Complete21.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...Complete41.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...edarDwrs22.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...TopInlays5.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...opInlays11.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...opInlays61.jpg

Good Luck,

Thanks so much! Now, all I need are ideas for the actual workstation.
It looks like Philski has the parts storage bits more than adequately
covered. }:O)

Philski, if you're listening... PLEASE check in. I must see your
finished piece!!!

--
DC

(((:~{