Senin

Default Sprinkler system- 1 station won't turn off

I have a 6 station sprinkler system. I don't know the brand, the front
door cover is gone and I moved in two years ago. There are only 3
stations that actually are used. Station one will not stop watering
when station 2 and station 3 start to run. It actually runs while they
are on. It then shuts off.

Any suggestions on how to approach this situation?

I don't see a brand name anywhere. The control box is tan and brown.
There are 12 dials-- 6 for duration and 6 for days.

Mikepier

You basically have to troubleshoot what is bad, the unit or the wiring.
It's simple.
At the timer , mark the wiring at the timer and remove all the wiring.
Then take a meter, or a 24v test bulb, and take a voltage reading
between station1 and common terminal when station 1 is on. You should
get 24V.
Next turn on station 2 and station 3. If you still get 24V across
station 1, you have a bad unit. If you get 0V, then the unit is good,
which means something is wrong with the wiring going from your timer to
the solenoids.
But maybe it could be something simple as programming.

Bob

"Senin" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 6 station sprinkler system. I don't know the brand, the front
door cover is gone and I moved in two years ago. There are only 3
stations that actually are used. Station one will not stop watering
when station 2 and station 3 start to run. It actually runs while they
are on. It then shuts off.

Any suggestions on how to approach this situation?

My best guess - station one is wired to the "pump" switch in the controller.
Re-connect it to a valid sprinkler "station" and everything will be OK.

Bob

GFCI outlet / automated sprinkler system that plugs in it Vince Home Ownership 3 November 27th 04 04:26 AM
Sprinkler system question - clearing the lines of water Home Repair 1 October 14th 04 12:25 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Any suggestion on sprinkler installation? Tony Home Ownership 8 May 24th 04 02:12 PM
Recommendations for soldering station and Desoldering station or rework station. Z Electronics Repair 0 May 9th 04 04:15 AM