Posted to rec.woodworking
Randy[_6_] Randy[_6_] is offline

Default Plans/pics/ideas for a building Youth Bed.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 02:06:50 -0600,
In newsgroup "rec.woodworking",
Article ,
"Jim2009" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a 5 years nephew that often spends the weekend. I would like to
build him a bed (twin size). I was thinking about a train bed, but I'm told
he now thinks Thomas the Train is for babies! LOL. Anyways, I have decided
to stay away from theme beds. I would like to build a basic box bed with
some storage (maybe drawers underneath and a headboard with shelves). It
would be nice if the bed was some how fun for the child, maybe a canopy or
something. I can build about anything, but finding the right look or idea
could take me months.

Any good pics or plans out there?

Thanks for reading,
Jim

Hi Jim. This is a bit late, but I found a good set of
reasonably priced bunk bed plans, and made a bed from them for
my children. It's basic, but it was fairly easy to make,
sturdy, and the kids love playing on it. They just drape
blankets over the side, and use it as a fort. There is also
12 inches of clearance underneath, which allows room for
storage: http://bit.ly/8s3xt5