Default Building control in two stages - full plans / building notice

Can I submit full plans for just the shell of my extension, i.e.
foundations, slab, walls, windows, roof (I need these as 2 metres from
public sewer), then do all the rest on a building notice. This would
make the "full" plans simple enough for me to draw.
Simon.

Rick

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:47:39 +0100, "Set Square"

Can I submit full plans for just the shell of my extension, i.e.
foundations, slab, walls, windows, roof (I need these as 2 metres from
public sewer), then do all the rest on a building notice. This would
make the "full" plans simple enough for me to draw.
Simon.

You *could* - but you might end up paying double the fee - because it would
be classed as two projects. Have a word with your Building Control dept and
get their take on it.

But would they take the first project, case it would be unfinished, it
would not meet the requirments.

Rick

I think not, you need to work out how to do the whole job, else you
may come very unstuck.

Um, what I mean is the first stage on full plans is the "extension",
but empty.
I.e. obviously the walls finished if that is part of the insulation
spec, also with windows. What I mean is the plumbing, electrics,
kitchen units, internal doors, etc on the building notice. I would
happily pay the council fee twice to make up the internals as I go
along. I think what I am suggesting is very much in the spirit of this
group.
Simon.