Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DELTA 36-865 Versa Feeder (power feeder) QuestionRockler is putting the Delta 36-865 power feeder on sale thisSaturday for $100 - normally about $300. This is the littleitty-bitty feeder - only 1/8th hp with a somewhat limited reach- but it weighs 2

Rockler is putting the Delta 36-865 power feeder on sale this
Saturday for $100 - normally about $300. This is the little
itty-bitty feeder - only 1/8th hp with a somewhat limited reach
- but it weighs 27 lbs. Rockler bought the whole inventory so
I'm guessing DELTA is discontinuing this model - probably cause
it wouldn't sell at the $300 list price.

I'm considering getting one - for my router table.

Anyone used one? Think it's suitable for a router table
- using a panel raising bit?

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 1, 11:20*am, charlieb wrote:
Rockler is putting the Delta 36-865 power feeder on sale this
Saturday for $100 - normally about $300. *This is the little
itty-bitty feeder - only 1/8th hp with a somewhat limited reach
- but it weighs 27 lbs. *Rockler bought the whole inventory so
I'm guessing DELTA is discontinuing this model - probably cause
it wouldn't sell at the $300 list price.

I'm considering getting one - for my router table.

Anyone used one? *Think it's suitable for a router table
- using a panel raising bit?

charlie b

LOL...this has got to be one of the longest titles I have seen posted.

Mind telling what the acronym would be? ;)

TMT
Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey Charlie,
How do mere mortals like myself get a price like this. My visit to
the Rockler site gives no indication that the stock feeder is going on
sale and I did not see it in any email promotion. You got an
"insider" there at Rockler?
Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DELTA 36-865 Versa Feeder (power feeder) QuestionRockler is putting the Delta 36-865 power feeder on sale this Saturday for $100 - normally about $300. This is the little itty-bitty feeder - only 1/8th hp with a somewhat limited reach - but it we

"marc rosen" wrote
Hey Charlie,
How do mere mortals like myself get a price like this. My visit to
the Rockler site gives no indication that the stock feeder is going on
sale and I did not see it in any email promotion. You got an
"insider" there at Rockler?

http://www.rockler.com/Retail/flyer/Jan09/all.pdf

Sale starts Saturday 1/3 at our local store in Houston.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DELTA 36-865 Versa Feeder (power feeder) Question

Sorry about the L O N G subject - short subject box, cut and paste from
a message I created that I thought was To News but was actually To Mail.

I got an e-mail "flyer" with the Saturday Only sale info. Are you on
their
e-mailing list?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Now that we've got all the flyer stuff solved

HAS ANYONE USED THIS SMALL POWER FEEDER AND IF
SO - FOR WHAT APPLICATION - AND - SUITABLE FOR
ROUTER TABLE APPLICATIONS?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote

Do we need one? ;~)

I don't know ... can it be adapted/used to keep from getting out butts
kicked in Canasta?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote:
Now that we've got all the flyer stuff solved

HAS ANYONE USED THIS SMALL POWER FEEDER AND IF
SO - FOR WHAT APPLICATION - AND - SUITABLE FOR
ROUTER TABLE APPLICATIONS?

I have used this feeder on an edge bander and it worked fine. I think
it would be OK for most router table or band saw resawing applications.
I would want a heavier feeder for a shaper or a table saw.

Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

I called the nearest Rockler Store - about 70 miles away - and was told
they had TEN units in stock for tomorrow's sale. I noted that the ad
said TWELVE units per store. Apperantly two have been set aside for
someone, or someones.

I explained that I lived 70 miles away and definitely wanted to by a
unit
and would give them my debit card number to insure that they'd have
their money before I got there to pick up the unit.

"I'm sorry - but store policy won't allow that. We open at 7:00 am
and it'll be First Come First Served."

I restated that I live 70 miles away and I WAS NOT going to make
a 140 mile round trip - and have to leave here around 5:30 am - on
the CHANCE that I might actually be able to buy - a $100 item. I
also noted that when I make a trip like this I typcially drop $300
to $400 on stuff - sales they weren't going to be making to me.

Had they opened at 9 or 10 am instead of 7 am - I might have given
it a try.

I've unsubscribed from Rockler's e-mail flyers and have e-mailed them
about my choice to not continue doing business with them- and why.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 2, 9:20*pm, charlieb wrote:
[...]

I agree with your opinion.

Stores who like to do this just tick me off royally.

And I spend less...not more...money at their stores.

TMT
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 2, 8:12*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

TMT- Hide quoted text -

If they sold one to every person who called they would be sold without
anyone coming to the store.Charlieb you action (or lack of) seems very
childish and lazy. Are you always looking for a reason to get mad at
someone?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DELTA 36-865 Versa Feeder (power feeder) QuestionRockle

wrote

If they sold one to every person who called they would be sold without
anyone coming to the store.Charlieb you action (or lack of) seems very
childish and lazy. Are you always looking for a reason to get mad at
someone?

He probably didn't want to drive that far to put up with the attendant BS I
saw this morning ... the local Rockler full of obnoxious, grabbing, greedy,
yuppie assholes, all intent on something for nothing.

Granted, I should of been clued in by the number of vehicles in the parking
lot whose drivers couldn't figure out how to park between the yellow lines.

... plenty of time to go back during the week when they're all safely back
in their little cubicles.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

If they sold one to every person who called they would be sold without
anyone coming to the store.

I would still have to go to their store to pick up my purchase - and
would probably have dropped another two or three hundred on stuff
I "need", think I might "need" or if there was something I saw that
interested me and had a use I didn't even know I needed.

I try to purchase my woodworking stuff locally, though 70 miles
away is pushing the definition of local, rather than ordering on
line or with a phone call. I find that I get better service and
support
if something goes wrong (you have tried resolving a purchase problem
on the phone - with a service representative - located in Sri Lanka -
who may, or may speak your language in a manner that you can under-
stand, or can decipher - AFTER - "waiting for the next available
representative" for 15 or 20 minutes haven't you? Or are you one
of the Blessed who get through on three rings and have a problem
resolved in under three minutes.

If I can't get something locally, then my first choice is Lee Valley.
THEY make it as easy as possible for their customers - great
customer service people who are always friendly, helpful and
accurate - and speak english - quite well. If there's a problem
they fix it - with as little effort as possible for the customer.

Charlieb you action (or lack of) seems very
childish and lazy.

For not getting up at 5:30 am to drive 70 miles to a store that
may, or may not, have what I want to purchase, and then drive
70 miles back home?

Perhaps a child would see the situation as a potential adventure.
As an adult, I see it as a crap shoot gamble and a waste of my
time. As a customer with money to spend - especially in the
current financial climate - I see it as poor business practice.
And after a good nights sleep and some breakfast munchies,
I'm spend the time I would have spent driving - playing in the
shop, turning some mahogany door pulls for the linen cabinet
I'm helping a friend make - before she gets here to finish her
project she's been working on for 3 months of half of each
Saturday (that's about 40 actual hours - things take longer
when someone's never done it before).

Are you always looking for a reason to get mad at
someone?

Sun's shining, the shop is ready to go. I'm a happy camper.

I hope your day is going just as well.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
[...]

=======

We're not old women, that's for sure. $200 off a $300 tool is bloodsport
bait. If I had heard sooner, I might have set up the popcorn and firstaid
concession. Anyway, I missed out and so did you. Old women know what to do.
They camp overnight in the Kmart parking lot, and wear combat boots and
elbow pads for the occasion. I came out ahead by sleeping in till noon. It's
been years since I've managed to do that. (Odds were 50/50 that the wife
wouldn't have been able to help herself if she had heard about the sale. I
would have woken to breakfast in bed *and* a loss leader power feeder. All
it would cost me is a few kind words over coffee and pastries after.)