Default Update on my new Rockler router table

As I noted in an earlier post, I purchased the Rockler router table and
fence this weekend, and got a fence which was roughly THREE degrees out
of square.

Well, I took it back to get a new one.

They had two display fences. One was out by about two degrees, one was
out by just one degree.

They pulled a new one out of the box for me, it was out anywhere from 0
to 1 degree along its length. Went home with that one.

I've shimmed it with TWO pieces of duct tape (I'm a Southerner...it's
in my blood), and its now square to the table.

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION OUT THERE ROCKLER??? The table is otherwise a
great table; flat as a pancake, a great value, a breeze to set up
(minus the shims, that is!), decent accesories, and a nice size to
boot. But if your fences are THAT out of square, you have a real
problem with quality control.

Can't wait to get some sawdust out of it now!

Toller

What exactly is out of square? The actual extrusion?
I bought a Rockler fence at a garage sale to use on a router table I never
seem to quite get around to building. If it is junk I will make other
plans. (Of course, I paid $5 for mine, but still...)

Toller wrote:
What exactly is out of square? The actual extrusion?
I bought a Rockler fence at a garage sale to use on a router table I never
seem to quite get around to building. If it is junk I will make other
plans. (Of course, I paid $5 for mine, but still...)

Right, that blue aluminum extrusion that serves as the subfence. (Two
melamine-covered MDF inserts then provide the sliding fence sections.)

Put a square up against it and let me know what ya got!

nospambob

I'd rephrase as "What they sell as plans" being bitten! Once only!

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:40:18 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

Dont think its just the tables.

Jim

wrote in message
ups.com...
As I noted in an earlier post, I purchased the Rockler router table and
fence this weekend, and got a fence which was roughly THREE degrees out
of square.

Mine is spot on 90 degrees. I used a machinist's square to check it.
Jim

Toller

wrote in message
ups.com...

Toller wrote:
What exactly is out of square? The actual extrusion?
I bought a Rockler fence at a garage sale to use on a router table I
never
seem to quite get around to building. If it is junk I will make other
plans. (Of course, I paid $5 for mine, but still...)

Right, that blue aluminum extrusion that serves as the subfence. (Two
melamine-covered MDF inserts then provide the sliding fence sections.)

Put a square up against it and let me know what ya got!

Maybe I got lucky. Mine is right on.
Good luck with yours...