Default Anyone here have the Rockler router table & fence?

Yesterday I bought a Rockler router table and fence:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=894

I began assembling the fence, and noticed it seemed to "rock" on
itself. (Hence: Rockler?)

I put my Starret up against the blue aluminum sub-fence and it was so
far out of square I just sat there stunned. I'm figuring it's about 87
degrees.

Now, mind you, I very much like the Rockler store I go to. They're
good people, and they stand behind their products. I've already talked
to them on the phone about this, and they said just bring in the fence
and we'll get you a good one.

But here's my question: If the fence is THREE degrees out of square,
what can I expect from the rest of the quality?

Can anyone else here attest to some experience with this table?

TIA.

John

While I did not buy the router table shown in your link, I do have their
table top and fence that I used on a cabinet I built. The fence was
perfectly square. I would check the tabletop to make sure is flat before
returning the fence just to make sure so you don't have to make a second
trip.

John

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yesterday I bought a Rockler router table and fence:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=894

I began assembling the fence, and noticed it seemed to "rock" on
itself. (Hence: Rockler?)

I put my Starret up against the blue aluminum sub-fence and it was so
far out of square I just sat there stunned. I'm figuring it's about 87
degrees.

Now, mind you, I very much like the Rockler store I go to. They're
good people, and they stand behind their products. I've already talked
to them on the phone about this, and they said just bring in the fence
and we'll get you a good one.

But here's my question: If the fence is THREE degrees out of square,
what can I expect from the rest of the quality?

Can anyone else here attest to some experience with this table?

TIA.

Bill

I have the same table. Mine has screws that come into the bottom of the
table and hit the bottom of the insert. You use these to adjust the insert
to bring it level with the rest of the table. I used a big machinist's
scale for this. It works perfect and it's right on the money.

Try that, and if your fence is still off, I would take it back. You should
be able to just take the angle brackets off and get new ones.

dgadams

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:23:17 -0700, wood_newbie wrote:

Yesterday I bought a Rockler router table and fence:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=894

I began assembling the fence, and noticed it seemed to "rock" on
itself. (Hence: Rockler?)

I put my Starret up against the blue aluminum sub-fence and it was so
far out of square I just sat there stunned. I'm figuring it's about 87
degrees.

Now, mind you, I very much like the Rockler store I go to. They're
good people, and they stand behind their products. I've already talked
to them on the phone about this, and they said just bring in the fence
and we'll get you a good one.

But here's my question: If the fence is THREE degrees out of square,
what can I expect from the rest of the quality?

Can anyone else here attest to some experience with this table?

TIA.

I've got the tablesaw mounted table and fence. No
problems with it.

D.G. Adams