Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The General Router.

Many here have enjoyed the power and reliability of General power
tools.

I'm particularly proud of this achievement as it involves (near) local
talent and the machine is an absolute delight.
I have been working with this machine and its forefathers over the
last few months and took delivery
of an actual production version.
I want to thank David Eisen for introducing me to these adventurous
craftsmen.

Going into full production next week, I introduce my new
toy^H^H^H^tool:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET3.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET2.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET1.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Many here have enjoyed the power and reliability of General power
tools.

I'm particularly proud of this achievement as it involves (near) local
talent and the machine is an absolute delight.
I have been working with this machine and its forefathers over the
last few months and took delivery
of an actual production version.
I want to thank David Eisen for introducing me to these adventurous
craftsmen.

Going into full production next week, I introduce my new
toy^H^H^H^tool:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET3.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET2.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET1.jpg

That is some serious router.

What are you going to be manufacturing with this beast?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 1, 10:58*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Many here have enjoyed the power and reliability of General power
tools.

I'm particularly proud of this achievement as it involves (near) local
talent and the machine is an absolute delight.
I have been working with this machine and its forefathers over the
last few months and took delivery
of an actual production version.
I want to thank David Eisen for introducing me to these adventurous
craftsmen.

Going into full production next week, I introduce my new
toy^H^H^H^tool:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET3.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET2.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET1.jpg

That is some serious router.

What are you going to be manufacturing with this beast?

A unique line of solid surface vanity tops with countersunk soap-
dishes, undermounted solid surface sinks, fluid shapes and inlaid
flourishes. Perhaps floral patterns, scrolley and leafy stuff.
Then, the cut-outs from the sinks, will turn into house numbers,
serving platters for dog-food dishes, with Fido's name engraved,
there's no end what that thing is going to be doing.
Oh.. and 117 window sills for a hospital.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 1, 10:25*pm, Robatoy wrote:

What are you going to be manufacturing with this beast?

A unique line of solid surface vanity tops with countersunk soap-
dishes, undermounted solid surface sinks, fluid shapes and inlaid
flourishes. Perhaps floral patterns, scrolley and leafy stuff.

SNIP

Now that's just way too cool. I hope you post some pics when you do
your first masterpiece.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET1.jpg

Mighty impressive.
That is CNC, right?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 2, 12:30*am, -MIKE- wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ET1.jpg

Mighty impressive.
That is CNC, right?

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Indeed it is a CNC. With the probe, it is also a digitiser, which
comes in handy when duplicating a piece of moulding one might need
during a restoration project. The other thing it is good at, is to
take a slice off a window trim, scanning or digitising the profile,
then extruding it along an arc, nice for all them cussed palladium
windows.

It also sculpts HDF for mould-making so one can design and pour
concrete corbels etc.

Here's another use: (not mine)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/IMG_2876.jpg

and, of course, guitar bodies. I will eventually digitise my
Telecaster and do a solid rosewood version... IF I will ever have time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 3, 6:31*pm, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:
Hello Rob,

Where didja buy it?

David.

Direct from Gorilla. I gave them a deposit before the General deal
gelled. I snuck in under the wire. Made about a 5K difference. Plus I
got some options specific for my business.
Will you be a dealer as well? I think it would be a nice fit.

These guys came on board although I have no idea about the numbers
they are doing.
http://tinyurl.com/57dk73

If you become a dealer ( if you aren't already simply via your
relationship with General already), I will work with you on demos etc.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article b296c7db-d4d5-4c9e-b195-cc8906263b6f@
40g2000prx.googlegroups.com, says...
On Dec 3, 6:31*pm, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:
Hello Rob,

Where didja buy it?

David.

Direct from Gorilla. I gave them a deposit before the General deal
gelled. I snuck in under the wire. Made about a 5K difference. Plus I
got some options specific for my business.
Will you be a dealer as well? I think it would be a nice fit.

These guys came on board although I have no idea about the numbers
they are doing.
http://tinyurl.com/57dk73

If you become a dealer ( if you aren't already simply via your
relationship with General already), I will work with you on demos etc.

Did they really mean to say "General offers Gorilla Suit"....

ROTFLMAO
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , phorbin1
@yahoo.com says...
wrote:
Hello Rob,

Where didja buy it?

David.

Direct from Gorilla. I gave them a deposit before the General deal
gelled. I snuck in under the wire. Made about a 5K difference. Plus I
got some options specific for my business.
Will you be a dealer as well? I think it would be a nice fit.

These guys came on board although I have no idea about the numbers
they are doing.
http://tinyurl.com/57dk73

If you become a dealer ( if you aren't already simply via your
relationship with General already), I will work with you on demos etc.

Did they really mean to say "General offers Gorilla Suit"....

ROTFLMAO

Following up... after reading further, "No they did not." g

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
gelled. I snuck in under the wire. Made about a 5K difference. Plus I
got some options specific for my business.

When I was at the People in Motion show in Toronto this summer supporting
General with their line of lowered woodworking machinery, they also had a
table mounted CNC machine there retailing for about $6000.

They were trying to push the idea that with a relatively minimum investment,
one could go into the raised relief sign business. It was something to
consider.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 5, 8:58*am, "Upscale" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

gelled. I snuck in under the wire. Made about a 5K difference. Plus I
got some options specific for my business.

When I was at the People in Motion show in Toronto this summer supporting
General with their line of lowered woodworking machinery, they also had a
table mounted CNC machine there retailing for about $6000.

They were trying to push the idea that with a relatively minimum investment,
one could go into the raised relief sign business. It was something to
consider.

There are some really neat small CNC routers around. Some are quite
capable.
There is a whole community that home-build CNC machines. All the parts
are available to anybody.
Quite an intriguing bunch, really. Nary a day goes by without my
visiting the different forums (fora to Watson g).
I am desperately trying to hang on to the creative/fun aspect of this
machine without feeling the need to crank out product in mega
quantities.

For some damned reason the atelier/studio concept always seems to
transform into a farking production floor.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

For some damned reason the atelier/studio concept always seems to
transform into a farking production floor.
*************************

Don't think of yourself as a failed artist.

Just a failed industrialist.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

For some damned reason the atelier/studio concept always seems to
transform into a farking production floor.

I think a conversation with Tom Plamann would probably be depressingly
productive...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar