Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Steals and Deals at HB -- not 300W Halogen bulbs

I appreciate knowing the deals people find at HB so I thought I would share
my most recent experience which ended about 5 minutes ago.

I bought 3 packages of 300 W Halogen bulbs (2-packs) for $1.00 per package
(warning?).

2 of the bulbs glowed "dim" out of the package, and 2 of the bulbs made an
annoying vibrating noise (I replaced the 2nd one faster than the first,
after I determined where the noise was coming from--determining this was not
trivial due to the nature of the lamps--it's not like you can look at them
when they are turned on!). The other 2 bulbs worked just fine.

I just replaced one of the noisy bulbs with an "expensive" $2 bulb, and it
works just great. Even at "1/4th the price" the savings is not worth the
trouble unless you are indifferent to the level of brightness or the
vibrating noise. Since I use the lamps in my home, for me, these factors
weren't negotiable.

Well, you have been warned

Bill

Halogen bulbs life Grumps UK diy 1 October 19th 07 07:56 PM
Dimmers w/halogen bulbs David Nebenzahl Home Repair 12 December 10th 06 03:27 AM
Where to buy 35w GU10 halogen bulbs? Alan UK diy 6 April 8th 05 06:24 PM
Halogen bulbs Brian UK diy 7 November 17th 04 02:43 PM
Mains Halogen Bulbs Stuart UK diy 21 December 26th 03 04:37 PM