Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Newsgroup problem

Anybody here go to "rec.crafts.metalworking"? That newsgroup has not been
updated for the last two days. All my other newsgroups (9 total) work okay.

Using Microsoft Outlook SP-3 (9.0.0.8954). Windows XP.

Thanks for checking.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default [OT] Newsgroup problem

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Anybody here go to "rec.crafts.metalworking"? That newsgroup has not been
updated for the last two days. All my other newsgroups (9 total) work okay.

Using Microsoft Outlook SP-3 (9.0.0.8954). Windows XP.

Thanks for checking.

Ivan...

news.qwest.net shows 16 new posts today. Your news server may have a
problem.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Anybody here go to "rec.crafts.metalworking"? That newsgroup has not been
updated for the last two days. All my other newsgroups (9 total) work okay.

Using Microsoft Outlook SP-3 (9.0.0.8954). Windows XP.

Thanks for checking.

Try deleting and resubscribing to the group, your local cached copy is
probably messed up.

--
Froz...

Lits Slut#9
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Anybody here go to "rec.crafts.metalworking"? That newsgroup has not been
updated for the last two days. All my other newsgroups (9 total) work
okay.

Using Microsoft Outlook SP-3 (9.0.0.8954). Windows XP.

Thanks for checking.

Ivan Vegvary

Thank you both for your replies.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.woodworking

FrozenNorth wrote:
Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Anybody here go to "rec.crafts.metalworking"? That newsgroup has not
been updated for the last two days. All my other newsgroups (9 total)
work okay.

Using Microsoft Outlook SP-3 (9.0.0.8954). Windows XP.

Thanks for checking.

Try deleting and resubscribing to the group, your local cached copy is
probably messed up.

In OLE you can also try "Tool", "Options", "Maintenance", "Clean Up
Now...", "Reset".

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey writes:

news.qwest.net shows 16 new posts today. Your news server may have a
problem.

I see 57 new entries since this morning.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Maxwell Lol wrote:
Morris Dovey writes:

news.qwest.net shows 16 new posts today. Your news server may have a
problem.

I see 57 new entries since this morning.

Awesome! I don't see any now. :-)

Give my best to Gunner et al.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 11, 8:21*am, FrozenNorth
wrote:

Try deleting and resubscribing to the group, your local cached copy is
probably messed up.

Sometimes the newsgroup itself will reset it's article numbers, for
whatever reason. That can happen if the newsserver is re-started. If
your newsreader is set to hide articles you have already read, and the
article numbers start at zero again, you won't see new articles.
Deleting and resubscribing resets your local article counter. At
least, that's my non-expert understanding.

Jerry
Posted to rec.woodworking

Need more help, please!!

Monitor seven newsgroups. Cannot get "rec.crafts.metalworking" to download
headers. Here is what I have done.

On ALL my groups I went to PROPERTIESLOCAL FILECompact,Remove
messages,Delete and Reset. Then I unsubscribed and resubscribed to all.
They all reload except "metalworking". Microsoft Outlook, in the lower left
hand corner shows "0 messages, 0 unread, 62573 not downloaded". The
"ToolsGet Next 1000 Headers" does nothing.

Is my IP (verizon) dis-allowing access?
Can anybody recommend a good 3rd party newsreader. Don't mind paying for
it. I don't like the format of Google. I really like the "Header" format
wherby I can choose whether or not to open the chain.

Thank you all,

Ivan Vegvary