Posted to rec.woodworking
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default Newsgroup problem

Need more help, please!!

Monitor seven newsgroups. Cannot get "rec.crafts.metalworking" to download
headers. Here is what I have done.

On ALL my groups I went to PROPERTIESLOCAL FILECompact,Remove
messages,Delete and Reset. Then I unsubscribed and resubscribed to all.
They all reload except "metalworking". Microsoft Outlook, in the lower left
hand corner shows "0 messages, 0 unread, 62573 not downloaded". The
"ToolsGet Next 1000 Headers" does nothing.

Is my IP (verizon) dis-allowing access?
Can anybody recommend a good 3rd party newsreader. Don't mind paying for
it. I don't like the format of Google. I really like the "Header" format
wherby I can choose whether or not to open the chain.

Thank you all,

Ivan Vegvary

Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Anybody here go to "rec.crafts.metalworking"? That newsgroup has not been
updated for the last two days. All my other newsgroups (9 total) work
okay.

Using Microsoft Outlook SP-3 (9.0.0.8954). Windows XP.

Thanks for checking.

Ivan Vegvary