Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for cheap(er) heavy duty draw slides

I have to build 32 drawers 3 feet wide by 3 feet deep by 13 inch tall
draws. I started looking for heavy duty (250 lb+) full extension
under mount slides and was shocked to find the cheapest I could find
would run about $1500.
Anyone have any suggestions on a brand or an alternative?

TIA
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 30, 4:59 am, wrote:
I have to build 32 drawers 3 feet wide by 3 feet deep by 13 inch tall
draws. I started looking for heavy duty (250 lb+) full extension
under mount slides and was shocked to find the cheapest I could find
would run about $1500.
Anyone have any suggestions on a brand or an alternative?

I don't know about true undermount, but you could use two pairs of
Accuride 9301 flat mounted for the low low price of $400 per drawer.
Or sacrifice another 2-1/4" of drawer height and undermount one pair
vertically. Or forget about undermounting.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"dpb" wrote in message
That's only about $47/pair for a 250# full extension -- what do expect????

How about some 400lb slides? The 36" ones are only $114 a pair.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 30, 10:02 am, dpb wrote:
wrote:
I have to build 32 drawers 3 feet wide by 3 feet deep by 13 inch tall
draws. I started looking for heavy duty (250 lb+) full extension
under mount slides and was shocked to find the cheapest I could find
would run about $1500.
Anyone have any suggestions on a brand or an alternative?

That's only about $47/pair for a 250# full extension -- what do expect????

I interpreted it to mean $1500 per drawer, which sounded completely
ridiculous, but complaining about $50/drawer for this application also
seemed unbelievable. But standard undermounts are 100 lb rated and
don't come in the length he needs, nobody has 3 ft deep kitchen
cabinets. And the load rating is given for 18", Go longer than that
and it goes down. So I thought he was getting a quote for something
custom made.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 30, 4:59 am, wrote:
I have to build 32 drawers 3 feet wide by 3 feet deep by 13 inch tall
draws. I started looking for heavy duty (250 lb+) full extension
under mount slides and was shocked to find the cheapest I could find
would run about $1500.
Anyone have any suggestions on a brand or an alternative?

TIA

make wooden slides w/ballbearings....