Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cheap receptacles vs heavy duty

SMF wrote:
Hi,

Is there a good opinion about choosing the proper receptacle. When
browsing HD there are receptacles which range from 50 cents up to 6
dollars. There are some in between for around $2.00 which state
commercial contractor quality.

I have replaced my older two prong outlets with the $2.00 ones for
equipment such as table lights, computer, TV ect. I am wondering
however whether these are also ok for other equipment such as
refrigerators or washing machines or should those go on a heavy duty
one?

The majority of my wiring in the house is 20amp.

Thanks,
SF

_________________________
A good way to save where you can and ensure good service at the same
time is determine which outlets will see lots of use - by lots of use I
mean stuff gets plugged in and unplugged on an almost daily basis.
Countertop and hallway outlets definetely qualify for commercial grade
outlets(Remember most codes require GFCI within certain distance of the
sink!) Circuits with 10 or more receptacles - go with commercial and
use pressure-plate - back insert tighten with side screws.

Receptacles behind furniture or termination points - $1 receptacles
okay since the only things plugged in are floor lamps and/or air
purifiers - and are never unplugged.

-ChrisCoaster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 22 Jan 2007 14:02:11 -0800, "ChrisCoaster"
wrote:

SMF wrote:
[...]

Assuming the furniture is fixed in place. Do you use superglue for
that?

-ChrisCoaster