Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default Looking for cheap(er) heavy duty draw slides

On Aug 30, 4:59 am, wrote:
I have to build 32 drawers 3 feet wide by 3 feet deep by 13 inch tall
draws. I started looking for heavy duty (250 lb+) full extension
under mount slides and was shocked to find the cheapest I could find
would run about $1500.
Anyone have any suggestions on a brand or an alternative?

I don't know about true undermount, but you could use two pairs of
Accuride 9301 flat mounted for the low low price of $400 per drawer.
Or sacrifice another 2-1/4" of drawer height and undermount one pair
vertically. Or forget about undermounting.