Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: We've Come a LONG Way

Yesterday's events served to document how far we have come as a
people.

A woman and a black(mulatto) man seeking the highest office in the
USA.

How many would have though it possible even 3 years ago?

I suggest not many.

I'm old enough to remember when Eisenhower sent the troops into Little
Rock.

I'm old enough to remember telling my daughter (Obama's age) that if
she got grades twice as good as her brothers, worked twice as hard as
they did, she would probably earn half as much money.

Fair? Hell no, but the "glass ceiling" existed in corporate America in
those days.

Things aren't perfect, but they are improving.

Regardless of how the election shakes out this November, we as a
people will have demonstrated just how much tolerance we have learned,
and how it has made us better for it.

Lew