Posted to rec.woodworking
sawzdust sawzdust is offline

Default We've Come a LONG Way

Yeah but it's costing us all a lot of money, for something that needs a
whole lot of renovations. Especially after Bush announced that the Iraq War
was a learn-as-we-go process. Thats way to much dollars for OJT! Tolerance?
I think it's more fear and ignorance related since everybody seems scared
about just everything these days and even though with the History made
yesterday it certainly won't even cover all the bad **** we've done. Instead
of better we are far worse. Iraq, secret prisons, torture all the dead.....
Sorry but we're far worse then in our whole history!

Be honest, after Bush even Hitler or Castro would have a good shot at
running and winning! Obama appears very bright with excellent timing! If he
cleans up the Whitehouse and keeps his promise on an open and honest
government....then America could be a Democracy after all.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Yesterday's events served to document how far we have come as a
people.

A woman and a black(mulatto) man seeking the highest office in the
USA.

How many would have though it possible even 3 years ago?

I suggest not many.

I'm old enough to remember when Eisenhower sent the troops into Little
Rock.

I'm old enough to remember telling my daughter (Obama's age) that if
she got grades twice as good as her brothers, worked twice as hard as
they did, she would probably earn half as much money.

Fair? Hell no, but the "glass ceiling" existed in corporate America in
those days.

Things aren't perfect, but they are improving.

Regardless of how the election shakes out this November, we as a
people will have demonstrated just how much tolerance we have learned,
and how it has made us better for it.

Lew