Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: We've Come a LONG Way

On Jun 4, 10:29 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Yesterday's events served to document how far we have come as a
people.

I think we will see how far we have come when we see what the winner
of the election after taking office. Just because folks are of a
certain persuasion doesn't mean they don't have their own agenda.

If it is McCain, will he have an age centered agenda?

If Obama, will he have a racially centered agenda?

Only time will tell.

I am not so sure that we have all jumped on the Rainbow Coalition's
bandwagon as much as we are pretty sick of the same old crap we have
had for the last 16 years.

Regardless of how the election shakes out this November, we as a
people will have demonstrated just how much tolerance we have learned,
and how it has made us better for it.

We'll see about the tolerance level during the campaign. I think more
fur will be flying soon, and the temptation to go for blood will be
too much for the candidates to resist.

Robert