Posted to rec.woodworking

Default blade change on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 18 May 2008 21:45:47 GMT, "rdaniel" u43672@uwe wrote:

how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

Bosch.com did:

http://66.77.255.126/MDMCache/t10/0000000/r00058v-1.pdf

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking

rdaniel wrote:
how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

It comes with a 3/16 x 6 inch screwdriver (at least that's what the
one that came with mine measures)--if you've lost that you'll need to
find one like it. There's a hole on the top of the handle in
front--put the screwdriver in that hole and unscrew the screw until
the blade comes loose enough to twist 90 degrees and come out, then
when you put the new blade in you reverse the process and tighten the
screw.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:

rdaniel wrote:
how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

It comes with a 3/16 x 6 inch screwdriver (at least that's what the
one that came with mine measures)--if you've lost that you'll need to
find one like it. There's a hole on the top of the handle in
front--put the screwdriver in that hole and unscrew the screw until
the blade comes loose enough to twist 90 degrees and come out, then
when you put the new blade in you reverse the process and tighten the
screw.

that must be an old one. Mine you push a button and the blade drops out.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to rec.woodworking

evodawg wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

rdaniel wrote:
how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

It comes with a 3/16 x 6 inch screwdriver (at least that's what the
one that came with mine measures)--if you've lost that you'll need
find one like it. There's a hole on the top of the handle in
front--put the screwdriver in that hole and unscrew the screw until
the blade comes loose enough to twist 90 degrees and come out, then
when you put the new blade in you reverse the process and tighten
the
screw.

that must be an old one. Mine you push a button and the blade drops
out.

1581 is still listed in the current catalog. If yours uses a button
then I'd bet that it's a 1584 or 1587.

Incidentally there's an IPB at
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bos...1098_3098.html
and the last item on the list is the special screwdriver, which you
can order for $4.50 and shipping, but it's a special order item which
they say takes 2 weeks.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to J. Clarke, lukman wrote:
That a flat screwdriver ?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...aw-425856-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85_11085
@example.com says...

replying to J. Clarke, lukman wrote:
That a flat screwdriver ?

Wow, another ancient thread resurrected.

Yes, it's a flat-blade screwdriver, of the kind that is the same diameter
all the way down, not the kind where the tip flares out a little bit and
then tapers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to J. Clarke, Tom wrote:
Thanks, that is one of the dumbest designs ever. I spent ten minutes looking
at it like a caveman from dawn of creation.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...aw-425856-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 6:14:08 AM UTC-7, Tom wrote:
replying to J. Clarke, Tom wrote:
Thanks, that is one of the dumbest designs ever. I spent ten minutes looking
at it like a caveman from dawn of creation.
--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...aw-425856-.htm

I agree. I inherited this old Bosch jigsaw. the blade changing protocol is the most user-unfriendly design ever

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 12:17:41 -0700 (PDT), Alex Andrus
wrote:

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 6:14:08 AM UTC-7, Tom wrote:
replying to J. Clarke, Tom wrote:
Thanks, that is one of the dumbest designs ever. I spent ten minutes looking
at it like a caveman from dawn of creation.
--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...aw-425856-.htm

I agree. I inherited this old Bosch jigsaw. the blade changing protocol is the most user-unfriendly design ever

It must be hard. You're still trying after 3-1/2 years.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in
:

It must be hard. You're still trying after 3-1/2 years.

Gotta love the determination, though!

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2021 2:17 PM, Alex Andrus wrote:
On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 6:14:08 AM UTC-7, Tom wrote:
replying to J. Clarke, Tom wrote:
Thanks, that is one of the dumbest designs ever. I spent ten minutes looking
at it like a caveman from dawn of creation.
--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...aw-425856-.htm

I agree. I inherited this old Bosch jigsaw. the blade changing protocol is the most user-unfriendly design ever

Until manufacturers followed the method that Milwaukee came out with in
1999 ish, tool free blade changes were too much trouble.

IIRC Bosch and DeWalt both had tool less blade change saws but it was
like trying to crack open a safe to switch blades and the DeWalt's would
simply let go of the blade during a sawing operation.

For my 22 year old Milwaukee you push the lever over and the blade falls
out. Insert a new blade and release the lever.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 16:25:35 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

[...]

Even Festools do that! ;-)

jigsaw blade Patt Woodworking 2 June 21st 06 01:35 AM
Bosch SDS jigsaw PST700PAE. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 5 December 6th 05 03:49 PM
blade types for Bosch jigsaw Ken Home Repair 6 November 30th 05 08:49 PM
Jigsaw Blade [email protected] Home Repair 6 August 8th 05 04:30 PM
new blade change system on Bosch 1591 jig saw [email protected] Woodworking 8 February 3rd 05 04:53 AM