Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken

Default blade types for Bosch jigsaw

I'm considering getting a Bosch 1590 jigsaw. You are supposed to use
the t-shank blades in this jigsaw, but I was wondering if you can also
use u-shank blades too? (I checked the Bosch website, and I couldn't
find anyplace where they say one way or the other.) The reason I ask is
that I have a pile of u-shank blades that I would prefer not to throw
away just because I'm getting a new jigsaw.

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm considering getting a Bosch 1590 jigsaw. You are supposed to use
the t-shank blades in this jigsaw, but I was wondering if you can also
use u-shank blades too? (I checked the Bosch website, and I couldn't
find anyplace where they say one way or the other.) The reason I ask is
that I have a pile of u-shank blades that I would prefer not to throw
away just because I'm getting a new jigsaw.

Ken

Good enough reason for me. Given the quality of the Bosch saw, you won't
care about getting rid of some extra blades. Use the saw, then you will
know what I mean.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bernie Hunt

Ken,

I don't think so. The t on the blade aligns the blade when you insert it.
Check with Bosch to be sure, but I would get the saw again no matter what
the answer you get.

Bernie

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm considering getting a Bosch 1590 jigsaw. You are supposed to use
the t-shank blades in this jigsaw, but I was wondering if you can also
use u-shank blades too? (I checked the Bosch website, and I couldn't
find anyplace where they say one way or the other.) The reason I ask is
that I have a pile of u-shank blades that I would prefer not to throw
away just because I'm getting a new jigsaw.

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don't bother with your old blades! If you're spending $150 on a new
jigsaw (and every penny of that will be well-spent on a 1590), you
shouldn't worry about an extra $20 for a good selection of new blades.
Once you use the new saw with the new Bosch Progressor blades, you'll
want to throw away everything having to do with your old jigsaw. Trust
me.
If you haven't found a good place to buy one yet, check Coastaltool.com
- it's $149 including a blade assortment pack. Or reconditioned from
Bosch on ebay.
No affiliation with any of these companies - just a very satisfied
customer.
Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Don't bother with your old blades! If you're spending $150 on a new
jigsaw (and every penny of that will be well-spent on a 1590), you
shouldn't worry about an extra $20 for a good selection of new blades.

Sort of like not buying a new Corvette because you still have good snow
tires from the Fiat.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken

Okay, you guys have sold me! I'm going to get the saw on the way home
from work tonight, regardless of what blades it uses!

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair
nospambob

Doubt that you'll be sorry! Great tool.