Default new blade change system on Bosch 1591 jig saw

I have not seen this written up in here, so I thought I would post it.
There have been many threads on Bosch and Milwaukee jigsaws in the last
5-10 years in this group (wow!). Everyone loves their Bosch, but
Milwaukee blade change mechanism is acknowledged to be the finest.

I availed myself of a service on www.coastaltool.com called the Tool
Doctor. You can post a question about anything and they try to respond
within one business day. I asked them to give me a comparison of the
blade change mechanism for a Bosch 1584, 1591 and Milwaukee jigsaw.
Basically I wanted to know if Bosch had made in big improvements in the
newest model. Here is the response I got:

=============

Bob,
The new 1591 saw is like the Milwaukee Quick Change just pull a lever
, insert blade and release.
Bingo your in.
The older Bosch you had to pull up the black Handle and treat it as it
were a screwdriver.It was a pain in the neck!
Wayne

=============

ks

As an added note, the other improvements of the 1591 vs the 1584 a
electronic feedback to maintain the dialed in speed, and a a pincer like
"clamp" that helps maintain blade tracking- you press a button and that
clamp closes on both sides of the blade.

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Thanks for the additional information. Are you a 1591 owner? Mine is
on order. I expect it in later this month.

Bob

Leon

wrote in message
ups.com...
=============

Bob,
The new 1591 saw is like the Milwaukee Quick Change just pull a lever
, insert blade and release.

Yes now it is as easy as the Milwaukee. IIRC the Bosch now pops the blade
out when you push the lever over. With the Milwaukee the blade will pop out
if you want by pushing the lever and turning the saw on for a moment. The
up and down movement will ekect the blade. As for the fingers that grab the
back of the blade to help keep the blade straight or from bending time will
tell. Seems metal rubbing metal would possible cause a lot of heat or wear
out.

We are going to need a report after you have had a chance to try the saw
out. You should be very pleased.

Slowhand

"ks" wrote in message news:WLcMd.98447$Ob.3705@edtnps84...
Yes, bought mine about two mths ago. I think you will be very happy with
yours.

I bought mine(1591) about 3 or 4 months ago. My only gripe is the black
plastic non mar foot thingy tends to fall off. Not a good connection imho.
I solved it by adding double sided tape at the back. I upgraded from the
1584. Tremendous difference. I think I had to consult my owners manual
every time I wanted to install or discharge a blade (on the 1584). I ended
up giving it to one of my carpenters. He thinks it's the cat's meow having
moved up from a skil jigsaw. I won't show him my new one. ;-)
SH

wrote in message
oups.com...
ks,

Thanks for the additional information. Are you a 1591 owner? Mine is
on order. I expect it in later this month.

Bob

Hey Leon,

I'll go better than a report on the 1591. You probably cannot tell from
my posts on the road using Google - this is Bob Davis from Houston.

When I get it, you are welcome to have a first hand look-see at it and
run all the tests in your own shop. You are much better qualified to
look at these things than I am.

Bob Davis
Houston, Texas

Leon

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Leon,

I'll go better than a report on the 1591. You probably cannot tell from
my posts on the road using Google - this is Bob Davis from Houston.

I thought it was you Bob....Davis. LOL

When I get it, you are welcome to have a first hand look-see at it and
run all the tests in your own shop. You are much better qualified to
look at these things than I am.

See if you have a neighbor that has a jig saw other than a Bosch and try his
out. Then try your new one and you will be an instant expert. Or, bring it
by and we can compare it to my Milwaukee.

warped saw blade? GBannish Woodworking 3 January 11th 05 04:31 PM
Powermatic 66 Blade Change Problem Tom Holman Woodworking 12 December 14th 04 01:59 AM
Package vs. Split System A/C in Manufactured Home Bishoop Home Ownership 1 October 14th 04 04:39 AM
Dewalt or Makita Jigsaw? Michael Woodworking 23 October 1st 03 07:15 AM
Table saw blade recommation Mike Hide Woodworking 7 September 9th 03 03:46 AM