Default Jigsaw Blade

Is there a laminate blade made for a jigsaw? Thanks. Want to know
before driving a long way to store.

Ulysses

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a laminate blade made for a jigsaw? Thanks. Want to know
before driving a long way to store.

If you need a very smooth cut I would use something besides a jigsaw.
Aside from that I guess it would depend on the laminate and what it's
laminated onto. I suggest you buy an assortment of various jigsaw blades
and start with the ones with the smallest teeth. I would expect an kind of
plastic or linolium etc to chip along the cut with a jigsaw.

Pat

Edwin Pawlowski

"badgolferman"

The cut side of laminate boards will always be covered up by some sort
of moulding. Why must you have a special blade?

ALWAYS???? Is it a law? Do I have to hide some of the laminate I have with
no moldings?

badgolferman

Edwin Pawlowski, 8/6/2005, 11:08:27 PM, wrote:

"badgolferman"

The cut side of laminate boards will always be covered up by some
sort of moulding. Why must you have a special blade?

ALWAYS???? Is it a law? Do I have to hide some of the laminate I
have with no moldings?

Well no, but if you have a cut side of the laminate exposed it is most
probably against a wall or some sort of fixture. I imagine it is also
a very small piece. What is the largest length of cut laminate that is
not covered up and is it easily visible or are you the only one who
knows where it is?

--
"The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course."
Billy Graham
Craven Morehead

Jigsaw blades used to cut laminate material are available. I bought some
from tile store but I would also check HD & Lowes. The blades are unique
in that they cut on the downstroke which allows you to cut from the top of
the piece. Typical jigsaw blades cut on the upstroke which would cause the
laminate to chip.
oups.com...