Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch Impactor 10.8V

Greetings All,
I was looking for a small drill/driver, to do the kind of stuff a full
sized 18V is too big for. Among others, I was looking at the Bosch 10.8V
Impactor. I already have several Bosch goodies and have confidence that
they are a good bang for the buck. There's just something about the
fit/finish and feel about their power tools. They have weight, without
feeling heavy. So, I ordered the Impactor from Amazon and opened it up
today. My main concern was whether the spindle had enough rpm's to drill
small pilot holes, and enough grunt to drive screws. This thing is great!!!
The variable speed motor has the speed to drill small holes, and enough
oomph to drive any reasonable sized screw. Since I already have the 10.8V
right angle driver, the batteries and charger are interchangeable. I just
wish they would have offered the tool sans batts and charger. All in all,
very satisfied with this one. Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 15, 9:54 pm, "mark" wrote:
[...]

Sell the batteries and charger on eBay. People are currently getting
somewhere around forty or fifty bucks for two batteries and a charger.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 9:54 pm, "mark" wrote:
[...]

And in 3 or 4 years when the batteries poop out buy them back of 50 or 60.
;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 16, 12:21 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message

On Apr 15, 9:54 pm, "mark" wrote:
[...]

If the OP invested that money wisely - say in a Hock blade or some
fine Belgian beer - it will still be a worthwhile loss.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't have the impactor but have the ps-20 and I love it. It will drive
anything my 18v driver will at 1/3 the weight...

Skip
www.ShopFileR.com

"mark" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RicodJour" wrote in message
If the OP invested that money wisely - say in a Hock blade or some
fine Belgian beer - it will still be a worthwhile loss.

Good Point.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 9:54 pm, "mark" wrote:
[...]

Great idea, would have never occurred to me. That drops my price down to
less than $100!!! Woo-hoo!!! Thanks

Random orbit sanders - green Bosch PEX400 vs blue Bosch GEX 125? Andy Dingley UK diy 4 January 12th 08 08:56 PM
Bosch PMF 180 The Medway Handyman UK diy 6 October 16th 07 10:40 AM
bosch gdr 10.8v legin UK diy 2 August 26th 07 09:26 PM
Bosch Jig Saw Tom Banes Woodworking 21 September 28th 05 05:48 PM
Bosch bye-bye John Woodworking 18 December 2nd 04 04:45 AM