Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Forget to wear my safety goggles

Just call me Popeye!

Posted to rec.woodworking

It happens that 3Rivers Writer formulated :
Just call me Popeye!

Oh dear... What was the damage?
I once saw a man lose the sight of his remaining good eye from working
on a grindstone without safety gear.
You'd think he learn after the first one went in the same way.

Mekon

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 28, 5:19 am, Mekon wrote:
It happens that 3Rivers Writer formulated :

Just call me Popeye!

Oh dear... What was the damage?
I once saw a man lose the sight of his remaining good eye from working
on a grindstone without safety gear.
You'd think he learn after the first one went in the same way.

Mekon

I know most pbs stations don't try to synchronize their showings of
the Woodwright's Shop but did anyone watch the parallelogram plant
stand show? It gave me pause when Roy talked about how he was
grinding a metal piece for this week's show and got a chip in his eye,
so now he wears glasses!

I know he's got a reputation for sporting bandaids and blood blisters
and bruised fingernails, but after all those years in that line of
work, I kind of expected him to know better than to use a grinder
without eye protection. Even if it's a treadle-operated grinder.