Electronics (alt.electronics)

Mad Scientist Jr

Default inexpensive color VR goggles (composite TV or VGA input) ?

I'm seeking a pair of color VR goggles with separate inputs for each
eye, either composite video (the yellow RCA plug on a VCR) or VGA
(640x480 is fine). (It would have to be separate inputs, shutter
glasses won't do)

Does anyone know if anything like this on the market and affordable
(preferably only a couple hundred dollars), or know of a good DIY
design on the Web (I had contemplated using the viewfinders from a
couple of old camcorders for the purpose but had no documentation on
the wiring, and don't really know electronics, plus the viewfinders
were b/w, and I need color). I had even thought about taking a couple
TVs and attaching some kind of mirrors to them, periscope style, and
fashioning some goggles that way (though it might be kind of
unweildly!)

Any help appreciated...