Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Laminate Trim router opinions needed

Latest project is replacing the kitchen tile countertops (whoever thought
tile was a good idea for countertops?) with laminate while we decide what
we eventually want to do with the kitchen (that project is one of those, if
we do this, then we oughta do that, and that means we need to .... and
pretty soon half the house has been remodeled).

I got one set of countertops done, but decided I need to get a laminate
trimmer to make the main part of the countertop installation more
efficient. Am considering either the Bosch laminate trim kit:
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/search.exe?BP=1 or the Porter Cable:
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/search.exe?BP=1 laminate trim kit.

Would appreciate any feedback from people who have used either or both of
them. I've looked at the archives, but would like any up to date
information that might be available.

I like the fact the Bosch has an edge guide, but have not been happy with
my Bosch 1613 EVS, especially the fact that there is no way to center the
collet short of making a new base.

Porter Cable has been the de-facto router standard for years, but the
laminate trim kit has no edge guide nor any way to attach one from what I
have been able to read in the archives.

Thanks in advance

Trim router base SimonLW Woodworking 3 November 21st 06 09:36 PM
Using a trim router bit on 1x2x8 oak trim? N Hurst Woodworking 10 March 1st 06 06:51 PM
Router To Trim Worktop Stuart UK diy 9 May 20th 05 12:28 AM
Trim Router Recommendation Bob Woodworking 19 April 9th 05 01:03 PM
Plunge router review and opinions needed Brian S Woodworking 7 May 18th 04 07:38 AM