RnJPhoto

Default Ridgid TS 3650 table saw

I'm in the market for a new table saw in the $500 to $600 range. Today I
spotted the Ridgid TS3650 at our local Borg for $570. Any oppinions out there
concerning the table saw. Is it a keeper or a boat anchor? The new saw will
be replacing a 25 year old Wards 10" saw.
Sammy

I have a ridgid TS2424. The left miter slot is .750", which is smaller than
the .755" of the big name saws, and .753" of many extra equipment, like the
Delta Tenoning tool. My accu-miter precision miter gauge fit, *barely*, but
wouldn't move.

So, check to see what size the slots are. If they haven't changed them,
you're in for some future frustration. The finish of the table is a little
rough, as well. My saw is fine for me, but I'm a relative newbie.

IMO, get as much saw as you can afford. It's one of the most important tools
you will own.

"RnJPhoto" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a new table saw in the $500 to $600 range. Today I
spotted the Ridgid TS3650 at our local Borg for $570. Any oppinions out

there
concerning the table saw. Is it a keeper or a boat anchor? The new saw

will
be replacing a 25 year old Wards 10" saw.

Sammy

Sorry, one more thing: Grizzly has a cabinet saw that gets kudos because it
gets the job done and is affordable. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars more.
(I think it's this one:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...mNumber=G1023S)

I have had some trouble with their products of late, a couple of things came
cracked right out of the box, and missing bolts, etc. But people here like
them, their CS is great, so give them a look.