Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawer Slides

I installed full extension drawer slides. The problem I am having is
that when closed one corner of the drawer sticks out a little further
than the other. I checked the squarenss of my drawer and it is good
and square. Is there an adjustment to pull in that one corner.

Thanks.

Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Jim Brown wrote:
I installed full extension drawer slides. The problem I am having is
that when closed one corner of the drawer sticks out a little further
than the other. I checked the squarenss of my drawer and it is good
and square. Is there an adjustment to pull in that one corner.

Sounds like the drawer rails are not quite perpendicular to the face of the
cabinet. Adjust the rear mounts away from the protruding corner, e.g. if the
left front corner is sticking out a bit, move the rear mounts slightly to the
right, and vice versa.

Unless the drawer is exceptionally wide or exceptionally narrow, you'll want
to move the rear mounts by about half the distance that the front corner
sticks out. For wide drawers, more than half; for narrow drawers, less.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
I installed full extension drawer slides. The problem I am having is
that when closed one corner of the drawer sticks out a little further
than the other. I checked the squarenss of my drawer and it is good
and square. Is there an adjustment to pull in that one corner.

While the drawer is square, the cabinet might not be, eh?

In any event, adjust the position of the drawer slide on the offending side
toward the back of the cabinet. If you're lucky, that should take care of
it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/11/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
I installed full extension drawer slides. The problem I am having is
that when closed one corner of the drawer sticks out a little further
than the other. I checked the squareness of my drawer and it is good
and square. Is there an adjustment to pull in that one corner.

Sounds like the cabinet sides my not be perfectly parallel. A quick fix
assuming the cabinet is not too far out of square is to stick a wooden shim
or a washer behind the offending end of the drawer slide. If you're worried
about the washer or shim falling out, then put it where the drawer slide is
screwed into place.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
I installed full extension drawer slides. The problem I am having is
that when closed one corner of the drawer sticks out a little further
than the other. I checked the squarenss of my drawer and it is good
and square. Is there an adjustment to pull in that one corner.

Thanks.

Jim

Sounds like the cabinet side of the slide is extending out farther that the
other side. While they may appear to be the same distance from the front of
the cabinet, one side of the cabinet may protrude out farther than the other
side.

Drawer slides Anon Ymous Woodworking 9 February 21st 07 12:38 AM
drawer slides Tom Friar Woodworking 7 April 9th 06 10:07 AM
Drawer slides skulde13 Home Repair 3 January 12th 06 03:30 PM
Drawer slides [email protected] Woodworking 24 January 9th 06 05:10 PM
Drawer Slides bole2cant Woodworking 11 February 28th 04 08:01 PM