Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone use either the Oneida Portable or the JDS 2hp Cyclone?

I am looking for a cyclone that will fit under my 90" ceiling and handle a
single machine connected through a 4" hose.
Oneida recommends their portable; they say that when choked by the 4" hose
it will work just as well as the larger units. It is $1100. I like the
small foot print, as my shop is very small, but think it is a bit pricy for
the limited capacity. (and I have to drive 60 miles to pick it up at the
factory to save the freight...)
JDS recommends their 2hp for $950. It is both cheaper than the Oneida and
more powerful, but takes up significantly more space.

Anything good or bad to say about either unit? The sale prices end this
week, so I have to make a decision fast.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:19:32 +0000, Toller wrote:

I am looking for a cyclone that will fit under my 90" ceiling and
handle a single machine connected through a 4" hose.

Why not ClearVue's Mini CV1400 Cyclone:
http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/Order_Page.htm

$945 + ~$90 for filter and includes shipping. 800 CFM through 4" pipe,
1100 through 6".

Posted to rec.woodworking

"digitect" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:19:32 +0000, Toller wrote:

I am looking for a cyclone that will fit under my 90" ceiling and
handle a single machine connected through a 4" hose.

Why not ClearVue's Mini CV1400 Cyclone:
http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/Order_Page.htm

$945 + ~$90 for filter and includes shipping. 800 CFM through 4" pipe,
1100 through 6".

I am glad you brought it up; I didn't want to muddy the water with too many
choices.
I read about the Clearvue, and am a bit concerned with all the parts put
together there was lots of places for air leaks, a 5hp motor is pretty heavy
to be hanging from my wall, and I am not sold on the idea of plastic.
Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Also, does the $945 cover EVERYTHING other than the filters? Do you use one
filter or two? Nether of those is clear from their description.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:14:47 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"digitect" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:19:32 +0000, Toller wrote:

I am looking for a cyclone that will fit under my 90" ceiling and
handle a single machine connected through a 4" hose.

Why not ClearVue's Mini CV1400 Cyclone:
http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/Order_Page.htm

$945 + ~$90 for filter and includes shipping. 800 CFM through 4" pipe,
1100 through 6".

I am glad you brought it up; I didn't want to muddy the water with too many
choices.
I read about the Clearvue, and am a bit concerned with all the parts put
together there was lots of places for air leaks, a 5hp motor is pretty heavy
to be hanging from my wall, and I am not sold on the idea of plastic.
Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

He does address this on the FAQ page.

Also, does the $945 cover EVERYTHING other than the filters? Do you use one
filter or two? Nether of those is clear from their description.

It doens't include the two filters, trash can, or electrical switch or
relay. I recommend taking a look through the installation
instructions.

-Leuf