Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Anyone use either the Oneida Portable or the JDS 2hp Cyclone?

"digitect" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:19:32 +0000, Toller wrote:

I am looking for a cyclone that will fit under my 90" ceiling and
handle a single machine connected through a 4" hose.

Why not ClearVue's Mini CV1400 Cyclone:
http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/Order_Page.htm

$945 + ~$90 for filter and includes shipping. 800 CFM through 4" pipe,
1100 through 6".

I am glad you brought it up; I didn't want to muddy the water with too many
choices.
I read about the Clearvue, and am a bit concerned with all the parts put
together there was lots of places for air leaks, a 5hp motor is pretty heavy
to be hanging from my wall, and I am not sold on the idea of plastic.
Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Also, does the $945 cover EVERYTHING other than the filters? Do you use one
filter or two? Nether of those is clear from their description.