Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Anyone use either the Oneida Portable or the JDS 2hp Cyclone?

I am looking for a cyclone that will fit under my 90" ceiling and handle a
single machine connected through a 4" hose.
Oneida recommends their portable; they say that when choked by the 4" hose
it will work just as well as the larger units. It is $1100. I like the
small foot print, as my shop is very small, but think it is a bit pricy for
the limited capacity. (and I have to drive 60 miles to pick it up at the
factory to save the freight...)
JDS recommends their 2hp for $950. It is both cheaper than the Oneida and
more powerful, but takes up significantly more space.

Anything good or bad to say about either unit? The sale prices end this
week, so I have to make a decision fast.