Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need lathe parts.

delta rockwell model 46-111. need a headstock spindle. #2 morse taper
1x8 threads. got ideas where to look?

thanks

skeez
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

skeez wrote:
delta rockwell model 46-111. need a headstock spindle. #2 morse taper
1x8 threads. got ideas where to look?

That's a standard size -- should be able to find plenty from any mail
order supply or probably eBay or Craig's list wouldn't be long if there
isn't one listed now...

Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't know the Delta model numbers very well, but I assume this is a
wood lathe. I have seen spindles and complete headstocks on Ebay for
various Delta lathes. Search delta lathe from time to time.
There is usually only one page of stuff there, so it won't take long to
look. I think I see about one spindle every couple of weeks and maybe
a couple of headstocks in a couple of weeks. From time to time, I see
a delta headstock-looking thing there that they often call a "Sander" or
something. If you see one and know what you are looking for, it may be
that the spindle from that device will fit yours.

Is the spindle you are replacing totally destroyed? Maybe it could be
fixed.

Pete Stanaitis
---------------------------------

dpb wrote:

skeez wrote:

delta rockwell model 46-111. need a headstock spindle. #2 morse taper
1x8 threads. got ideas where to look?

That's a standard size -- should be able to find plenty from any mail
order supply or probably eBay or Craig's list wouldn't be long if there
isn't one listed now...

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

it may be able to be fixed. not sure. the threaded end with the taper
in it is split in 2 places. i may be able to add a nut to hold it

skeez
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

dpb wrote:

skeez wrote:

delta rockwell model 46-111. need a headstock spindle. #2 morse taper
1x8 threads. got ideas where to look?

That's a standard size -- should be able to find plenty from any mail
order supply or probably eBay or Craig's list wouldn't be long if there
isn't one listed now...

--

it may be able to be fixed. not sure. the threaded end with the taper
in it is split in 2 places. i may be able to add a nut to hold it
together. i am just getting started on this project so i realy dont
have a plan yet. depends on parts available. i have not checked ebay
yet. was hoping for new but that doesnt look like its gonna happen
sooo......

Oh, I was thinking you needed new centerpoint not the actual spindle
itself, sorry.

I'd take it to my machine shop guy. In all likelihood it can be welded
and then remachined.

Other than that you're looking in the retro bins I'm afraid...

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:

skeez wrote:

[...]

yeh thats what its lookin like! looks like skeez the cobbler is gonna
be at it again! :=]

skeez
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

dpb wrote:

skeez wrote:

[...]

I suppose you have checked w/ Delta? Years ago you could have gotten to
a real engineer who might have been able to either give you a
cross-reference or other lead, but now not so much.

Also, they used to actually machine old parts on a periodic basis as I
have an ancient old 8" jointer that needed a part on the fence angle
adjustment mechanism that was out of production. Took a couple of
months but they did turn one and sent it on. That was probably 10 years
ago now, though, and I've not had occasion (fortunately) to try my hand
recently...

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:

skeez wrote:

[...]

tried the website. worthless as it is. since B&D they dont support
nuthin! if its out of production more than a couple years you are
SOL... ill keep checking the bone yards but probly just gonna mount a
chuck and run it. i can get around not using the spur center by useing
the wood worm screw in the chuck. thanks all and if ya come up with a
better idea i am listning! :-]

skeez
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

dpb wrote:

skeez wrote:

[...]

I'd at least give the 800 number a go before I gave up entirely, but as
you say, things ain't what they used to be...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 9, 5:20 pm, skeez wrote:
delta rockwell model 46-111. need a headstock spindle. #2 morse taper
1x8 threads. got ideas where to look?

thanks

skeez

Suggest you contact Ace Tool Repair.

Here is a link to the parts data sheet for a Rockwell Delta Model
46-111 Wood Lathe.

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/WL/WL2A.htm

Good Luck !

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 05:49:33 -0700, Planes True
wrote:

On Jul 9, 5:20 pm, skeez wrote:
delta rockwell model 46-111. need a headstock spindle. #2 morse taper
1x8 threads. got ideas where to look?

thanks

skeez

Suggest you contact Ace Tool Repair.

Here is a link to the parts data sheet for a Rockwell Delta Model
46-111 Wood Lathe.

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHtml/WL/WL2A.htm

Good Luck !

been there. unfortunately none of the spindles are available. i got a
chuck for it with a wood worm screw and will just have to deal with
the limitations. fortunately i have another lathe for things that need
to be done with a drive spur.

thanks all,
skeez

Looking for some used (or new) lathe parts [email protected] Woodturning 5 March 28th 07 10:09 AM
Lathe parts source???q Salmo Woodworking 7 October 10th 06 01:44 PM
Lathe parts?? Salmo Woodturning 3 October 7th 06 08:42 PM
Lathe parts Grant Beagles Woodturning 4 August 2nd 03 08:38 AM
Lathe Parts Grant P. Beagles Woodworking 6 August 1st 03 01:43 PM