Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Lathe parts??

Glad I just found this group :O)

I need a drill chuck for a Rockwell - Beaver 11" wood lathe model 3401A
(later Delta). Doesn't take an MT1 or 2 chuck (no MT at either head or
tail).

Anyone know where I might get parts for it???

Keith P.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Salmo wrote:
Glad I just found this group :O)

I need a drill chuck for a Rockwell - Beaver 11" wood lathe model 3401A
(later Delta). Doesn't take an MT1 or 2 chuck (no MT at either head or
tail).

Anyone know where I might get parts for it???

Keith P.

Salmo - welcome. Always good to see new faces.

There is a ton of information in the archives of this group. You can
use Google to easily search the archives, and you will find more here
on just about any aspect of turning and lathe tools than you could
imagine.

I found this about your lathe and chuck question. Hope it helps.

http://tinyurl.com/mlhx3

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Keith

I know you're not asking for this, but have you considered using a
scroll chuck??

For instance if you could get a Oneway Talon chuck, (you order one with
your needed thread configuration) you could get the spigot jaws for it
and hold things down to 1/4" Diameter and larger, there are also other
jaw sets if you like to turn larger items.

One other good thing, if you ever buy another lathe, all you have to do
is to buy an other insert and not a whole new chuck, as those Oneway
chucks will last you a lifetime. (No connection with Oneway or
financial interest here)

http://www.oneway.on.ca/chucks/accessories/index.htm

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Salmo wrote:
Glad I just found this group :O)

I need a drill chuck for a Rockwell - Beaver 11" wood lathe model 3401A
(later Delta). Doesn't take an MT1 or 2 chuck (no MT at either head or
tail).

Anyone know where I might get parts for it???

Keith P.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Some great information already :O)

A Multistar chuck - (the smaller one) with three sets of jaws came with the
lathe, along with a set of Sorby and Freud turning chisels. It also had the
angle tool rest, a double length rest and the standard one, plus a stand and
tool rest holder for outside turning. A real deal. Other stuff too..(I'm
not gloating - just excited a bit I guess). Also need a tool-rest clamp as
the previous owner had the second one welded onto the stand.

I did a wood turning level one course last year and now having the lathe is
a God-send...Having the drill chuck would top it off. Another set of larger
jaws will be something to look forward to. I just moved the lathe indoors
from my small unheated shed today because frost is just around the corner.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Keith P.