Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wood stick resisting snapping

C'mon ya'll. It seems we're making something difficult out of something simple.

The guy wants something small to push with - for whatever reason. Our (ex)President was able to figure out something the same size and shape using (genus, species) Nicotiana tabacum and it held up to the stress.

He said he's a novice. Without knowing what tools and supplies he has at his disposal, if he were in the US I'd say get a 1/2 inch dowel or a clothes closet hanger rod, a rasp, and sandpaper and have at it. A 4' dowel would give him 8 shots at it.

Whatever he has left he can make magic wands or chopsticks with.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
C'mon ya'll. It seems we're making something difficult out of something
simple.

The guy wants something small to push with - for whatever reason. Our
(ex)President was able to figure out something the same size and shape
using (genus, species) Nicotiana tabacum and it held up to the stress.

He said he's a novice. Without knowing what tools and supplies he has at
his disposal, if he were in the US I'd say get a 1/2 inch dowel or a
clothes closet hanger rod, a rasp, and sandpaper and have at it. A 4'
dowel would give him 8 shots at it.

Whatever he has left he can make magic wands or chopsticks with.

I was thinking he could cut the shaft off of graphite golf clubs. You can
get them cheap enough right after someone has a really bad game.