Posted to rec.woodworking

Default flexible shafts are breaking too often

I have a Foredom and a genric flexible shaft tool. Both are tearing up the
shafts and rubber sheath.
I can't get but a few hours before something breaks.Sometimes the rubber
sheath melts, sometimes the inner shaft snaps.
I have used alot of grease but that doesn't help.Can anybody tell me how to
extend the lifes of these shafts.
Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 28 Jun, 17:09, "whumphrey" wrote:

Can anybody tell me how to extend the lifes of these shafts.

You're bending them too tight

Posted to rec.woodworking

whumphrey wrote:
I have a Foredom and a genric flexible shaft tool. Both are tearing up the
shafts and rubber sheath.
I can't get but a few hours before something breaks.Sometimes the rubber
sheath melts, sometimes the inner shaft snaps.
I have used alot of grease but that doesn't help.Can anybody tell me how to
extend the lifes of these shafts.
Thanks

See items 6 - 10 under "Motor Related Questions" from a link on
Foredom's web site at:

http://www.blackstoneind.com/foundat....asp?page=FAQs

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 28, 9:09 am, "whumphrey" wrote:
I have a Foredom and a genric flexible shaft tool. Both are tearing up the
shafts and rubber sheath.
I can't get but a few hours before something breaks.Sometimes the rubber
sheath melts, sometimes the inner shaft snaps.
I have used alot of grease but that doesn't help.Can anybody tell me how to
extend the lifes of these shafts.
Thanks

if you're tearing them up that fast you should switch to a heavier
duty machine. try a die grinder.

Re-breaking arm gary Home Repair 9 January 4th 07 07:39 PM
plasma spray welding for shafts mark Metalworking 1 April 6th 06 07:51 PM
need steel or AL shafts about 1" long, 1/2" diameter, with about a 3/8" hole bored in center pogo Metalworking 10 February 23rd 06 07:50 PM
Shafts between centers Ian Sutherland Metalworking 7 December 6th 04 03:01 AM
steady rest trick for production facing shafts. Jim Metalworking 1 December 5th 04 05:55 AM